Saturday, December 03, 2005

Controlling again, unseperated twins...

Thursday night, Phoenix and i were over at Buffalo Wild Wings chowing down on the 50 cent boneless wings, drinking a dollar off LaBatts and talking up a storm (or at least I was), and out of the corner of my eye I notice this guy walking past the booth kinda slowly. At first I thought he was our waiter, ya know, checking up on us. But when I looked up at him, I noticed he was older, and not as near attractive as our waiter. My next thought was that he might be the manager, ya know, jsut checking up on the patrons.

He said something to me, kind of over his shoulder, almost walking away from me, which I didn't hear. So I said something intelligent and witty like, "What?" He turned back and kinda leaned in closer and asked, "Do you work at [some delivery place, like UPS, but not them...or at least that what I thought he said]?" I told him no [because no matter what place he said, I don't work there]. ANd then he straightened up and turned to walk away, saying as he did so, "Well you have a twin then." ANd he walked off.

I watched him take a few steps, then looked to Phoenix, smile on my lips. He was shaking his head, and said somethign akin to, "Man, I hope not." To which I could do nothing but agree. Me having a twin is bad because 1) it would mean I'm not unique, and 2) how the horrid, tragic malevolent swath of chaos the two of us could sythe across this great nation.

Or maybe, it'd just be real frightening for poor Phoenix to contemplate the Polt-Chaos in stereo.

POLT - listening to "You're So Vain" by Carly Simon

American laws are like pinyatas...the more you break them, the more candy you get. - Bill Clinton impersonator on Saturday Night Live

No comments: