Monday, July 31, 2006

Came along just like a song, and brightened my day...

Sorry I haven't posted much recently, haven't been feeling the best. But I'm over that now and back to my old Poltie self!

So, this morning, I got up and after fighting with Blogger to let it allow me to post the photos to Monday's Hot Shirtless Guy Photos (and what an ordeal THAT was...took me an hour and fifteen minutes...arrghh!), I took two loads of laundry over to my parents. I do them there and leave them a couple bucks for thier trouble, with is really nonexistant, cause Im the one doing said laundry.

At any rate, while I was over there, I had a roast beef sandwich, and potato chips. And wouldn't you know it, I chipped a tooth. One of my back molars. A whole quarter of it is gone, from the end up to the gum line. Ich. I called the dentist, they put me on a waiting list. At least there's no pain. Then they called back with an appointment for 900am Wednesday. oh joy. I don't have a phobia of the dentist or anything, but I just HATE going there. Ugh.

So I was watching TV over there, and stumbled upon MTV. Naturally, they weren't playing videos because they don't believe in playing videos anymore. For some reason, music videos are no longer part of the regular programmin on Music TeleVision. Go figure.

BUT, the show Made was playing. I like Made, it's one of my guilty pleasures. For you that don't know, Made takes teens and makes them into what the apsire to be, with the help of a coach. Something like a Goth chick becoming Prom Queen with the help of Miss Arizona. Or an Asian chemistry geek becoming a hip hop rapsters with the help of a hip hop artist, that sorta thing.

This one, I hadn't seen before. I had Dillan, the class clown who wanted to become a fashion designer. He was cute and adorable, in a pinch his cheeks kinda way, not a sexual one. He had a gerat smile, and unruly hair. Anyway, he actually did buckle down and make five outfits himself for a three way runway comepetition. He did it in 5 weeks. And in the beginning he didn't even know how to run a sewing machine. I enjoyed this particular one, cause of the kid himself (oh and the shirtless teenaged models they used to model the clothes on the runway...nice).

And after that, well, I did some manual labor. I know, I know, I couldn't believe it either. My parents are added a room onto the back of thier house, and everything is done but the electricity and the plumbing. So mom's painting it now. She's got the upper part painted a dark purple and the lower part will be a light lavender. I volunteered to paint some of the lower part for her. And I did. But it was difficult cause the shade of lavender is almost white, and the primer was white, so I had difficulty seeing what I had painted and what I hadn't. But the upside is, it got painted, and i did NOT get painted. Not a drop of paint on me.

A full day so far...and it's only half over...

POLT = listening to "Love In Store" by Fleetwood Mac

The only unnatural sex act is that which you cannot perform. - Dr. Akfred Kinsey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I remember way back when MTV actually, I know it's hard to believe, but they actually played...Videos! I saw the very first one titled; Video killed the radio star. Now I guess reality T.V. killed the video. I think MTV now stands for Mostly Teen Viewers. Dr. Kinsey, you gotta love him and his sex research. He worked just a few miles east of where I live in Bloomington, Indiana at Indiana University. He took a poll of several thousand men and determined that 95% of all men masturbated and then he replied the other 5% are damn liers.

Polt said...

Katarina, my mama loves me and she don't mind helpin out her baby boy in this fashion (even though he's 38 years old).

I told her you wrote this and she laughed her ass off over the phone. When she calmed down she said, "Good thing She's not your mother, eh?" :)