Thursday, July 27, 2006

Said the joker to the thief...

Ledger To Join 'Batman' Cast As Joker?
Brokeback Mountain star Heath Ledger may have scored the coveted role of The Joker in the Batman Begins sequel, according to press reports in Australia. The actor was reportedly offered the plum part last week and will star in the next installment of the film set to be released in 2008. Oscar-winner Robin Williams was reportedly desperate to land the role and The Da Vinci Code star Paul Bettany was also rumored to be in talks for the part. According to film website Moviehole.net, filmmakers wanted to cast an actor in the part of Batman's adversary who was roughly the same age as 32-year-old star Christian Bale. Ledger is also working with Bale on I'm Not There, a film in which seven actors embody different aspects of musician Bob Dylan's life and work.


This I found online today. All I can say is, "No. No, no, no, no, no. NO! Wrong!" I think Ledger is a good enough actor, and incredibly hot, but as the JOKER??




















No no, sorry, doesn't work for me. And Robin WIlliams? Hell no! Maybe 15 or 20 years ago, but now he's too old and, frankly, too fat. Jack Nicholson did a fine job, but we shouldn't be doing a remake of HIM, but doing a REAL Joker.

I always thought Adrien Brody or Crispin Glover (see below) would physically, make excellent Jokers. And they can both play weird and creepy well enough.





















Ah, well, I suppose just so long as it's as well made as Batman Begins, then I probably don't have to worry, and should enjoy it.

POLT = listening to "I Don't Wanna Be" by Gavin DeGraw

A good man is hard to find, but a hard man is good to find too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heath Ledger looks more like the Riddler to me. Riddle me this Batman! If they would have asked my opinion I would have suggested Christian Slater for the Joker role.

Anonymous said...

Jack's line, "wait till they get a load of me" and his "Beauty and the beast, if any one else calls you a beast they'll have to answer to me" lines are classic, but it is time for a younger set to take over the roles.

Anonymous said...

Christian Slater would be my choice. He's already got the creepy thing going.....and the smile.

Fairy Godfather

Bloooog said...

Creepy I can't be attracted to the joker!