Monday, July 17, 2006

You take a walk and you try to understand...

This past Saturday, I was sitting home, kinda pored, wondering what I wanted to get into. And I thought, I outta just take a walk. Yeah, it was hot. yeah, it was a bit humid. But there was a nice breeze blowing. And God knows I need the exercise. And i thought I could just take my camera along and catch a few photos maybe. SO, that's what I did. I popped in my iPod, got my camera and I walked, starting a bit before 7:00, and not getting back until a bit before 8:30! yeah, I was surprised by the time myself!



So, I started down the street, and this is the first sight I came upo: two Morman boys tlaking to a lady working outside her house. The boys, well, they were hot, as most Morman boys are, and I don't mean from the heat. This was the ebst photo I got of them, sorry there's not one showing thier faces, cause they were really cute.

This house has a lot of memories for me. About 20 years ago (GOD has it been THAT long) my friend Willy lived there. His mom and her boyfriend owned it, but it was always a party house. There was mUCH consumption of alcohol, some consumption of marijuana, and I'm certain consumption of other illicit things as well, although, I never partook in any of that. I was happy to just hang out there, in a house filled with drunken, horny teenaged and college-aged guys. And I still rememebr seeing some red haired beauty having sex with him girlfriend in an upstairs bedroom, his pants and boxers down around his knees, his milky white ass moving up and down. They both knew some of us were watching them and didn't care. *SIGH* the good old days.


Right after Willy's old house, I saw this rabbit in the grass. he sat there for me while I took his photo.


A bit later, I got my reflection in a store window.


i think this entrance to this house is so...pretentious It's just too showy. Like they WANT everyone to see it an KNOW how much money they have or something. I am NOT impressed.

Okay, you might not able to see whats going on here, BUT, this truck is parked in the driveway and it's drivers side window is down. At the same time, there's one of those rotating lawn waterers going around. And every so often, when it gets that way, the water hits the truck, even to its roof. SO you just know the drivers side is soaked. Oops, indeed.


Hmm, looks like the end of the road. The sidewalk just ENDs. Weird.


I was walking alone, just me and my shadow. So I thought I'd get a photo of it too. And no, I am NOT that tall.

Now, this house has a story to it as well. The bottom was occupied by Mrs. Palmer, who died a few months ago, was over 100 and who I posted about here before. She lived there for years, and I visited her often. Then, back about 10 years or so, I ran into this guy at the gay bar in a neighboring town, his name was Jim. We had hooked up previously, but not seen each other for a little bit. Well, Jim told me he now moved to the same town I was living in. We left the bar together, going to his place, so he could show it to me. And woulnd't you know it, he lived in the upstairs apartment! Oh, what coincidence. I made sure our sex that night, and on a few subsequent occasions, were toned down volume wise...I didn't need Mrs. Palmer hearing anything.


This is just some kid, about 13 I'd say, riding a real small motorbike. he damn near ran me over on the sidewalk, but I forgave him cause he was cute. Little boy, new puppy kidna cute, not sexually, you perverts.


For two years when I was in 12-14 I took piano lessons once aweek. Mrs. Good was my teacher. I can still see her, sitting in her rocking chair next to the piano, tapping out the count with her stick, her big black Lab walking around the living room area. She's since died, and someone else owns the house, but they kept the musical notes and stuff she had attached to the front of her house.


This is the Frick Watertower. Anyone from Waynesboro will recognize it instantly.


Along Main Street, they have these squares of dirts where they've planted trees and shrubs and stuff, to beautiful downtown, I suppose. Well, in this one, some corn took root and is growin quite well, it appears.

This is on Main Street again. It's an abadanoned storefront that someone now uses as a home I presume. But there were these two big dogs laying in there, just watching everything going on on the outside. And they were fine until I stopped in front. They had to sit up and bark. "How Much Is That Doggie In The Window" kept playing though my head.


I LOVE this house on Main Street. When I think of Stately Wayne Manor, that Batman lives at, this house always comes to my mind. Stately indeed. You can't see the entire front yard and the walled in backyard, and the driveway that leads to the garage/carriage house in back. Very nice.


I just liked the design on the front of this house. The window has stained glass at the top. The archway leads to a porch area, where there are two doors, presumabley for the downstairs and upstairs apartments. I can just se the people who built this, over 100 years ago, probably had lots of money to get this fancy on thier home.

My little town has less than 10,000 people, I think the population hovers somewhere around 9,000. And we're all VERY parochial. I mean, some people probably have never traveled more than 50 miles from thier homes thier entire lives. And they know EVERYONE in town and everyone's business. Its a very insulated palce. But yet, in the last five years or so, we've seen a large influx of Hispanics. And we're in Pennsylvania, not like Texas or New Mexico or anything. I hadn't realized how much until I saw that apparently we have enough to support a Mexican restaurant (above) AND a Mexican market (below). I don't know if I'm concerned about this or not....



This is our own little one screen theater in town. This thing MUST be approaching 40 years old, if not older. I remember going there as a kid. I remember the whole neighborhood full of kids going there to Sunday matinees, a group about 7 or 9 strong. We were a close knit group then. And the theater was only $1.00. I remeber the outrage we all felt when they raiesd the price to $1.50! What did they think we were, millionaires!

This empty green lot is the former home of my best friend as a kid, Trudy. She and I played together ALL the time. And as I said, there was a real close knit group of us kids that hung out an played in the bakyards all the time. Trudy was the oldest, and I was second oldest. her family moved out of the house here when I was a freshman in college, and then the church bought it and tore it down to make a parking lot about 10 years ago I guess. I remember when I first saw the empty field, memories flooded my mind, and I cried a bit that it was gone.

This is Memorial Park, the town park. It is actually rather large, but a very pleasant walk on a warm summers evening.

THis is a group people playing pickup baseball. Some real cuties there, so I stayed for a bit and watched.

On the tennis courts was THIS real cutie, blue shorts, sleeveless white shirt, red cap, and hot as all get-out. I watched him a bit, but didn't want to seem like I was perving on him (although I was I suppose) so I moved on a bit. Oh he had a partner he was playing tennis with, but I never really took my eyes off the cutie, so I have no idea what the partner looked like. I THINK it was another guy, but I can't be sure.

This is a houise with a really purple door, which doesn't look purple cause the sun's shining on it. but I was amazed at the purple-ness, and felt the need for a photo.

So that was my walking tour, basically. Very invigorating. I need to do that more often, if the weather's not as stifling though.

POLT = listening to "From The Inside" by Gioia

We all go a little mad sometimes. - Norman Bates, Psycho

2 comments:

katarina said...

I love your tour!
The pictures are great and made me laugh. What a nice little town you live in. I need to do more of that around here. It's been awhile since I went taking pictures.

Anonymous said...

I just love the pictures. I hope you get pored again and take some more. Corn? living in Indiana I know corn and that sure doesn't look like corn to me. I liked the long tall shadow picture, just think how big little Polt would look in a side view. Two heads are better than one. I'm so bad.