Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Lit up the sky that Fourth Of July...

So what was MY Independence Day like? I'm glad you asked. I got to sleep in, which is always cool. Then i got up and took two loads of laundry to moms. While I had one load in washing, my parents and I walked over to watch the annual parade. It was a long parade, over an hour. And it was mostly fire trucks, whoop-pie.

I did take several photos, though, but they were of the spectators. There was a group standing next to us, they had a set of parents, then two brothers, both in their 20's, with thier wives and a total of four kids. These two brothers...wow! Both were tall, and lean, and cute, and both had hairthings, although one was better cause he could even tie his back into a ponytail. And they were wearing low-rise jeans, so when they bent over to talk to or pick up thier kids, thier boxers were clearly visable. Yum. Yeah, I took several photos of them.

The temps were mid-80's or so, and while that's warm, it's not unbearable. what WAS unbearable was the humidity! Good GOD, it was like you were in a sauna. And where we were standing there was no shade, so the sun beat down on us. Man, I think I got a little burnt.

After the parade, we went back to my moms. I changed the laundry around, and then mom took dad out to the "Annual Jubiliee". They have this every July 4th. She wanted to go cause she wanted to check out the crafts, but she didn't stay long, because they didn't really have anything she wanted, and it was hot. Dad wanted to go, cause they were having helicopter rides over the town for $30. He wanted to take one. SO she dropped him off there, to wait in line.

Mom came back and started up the grill. Oh we had quite a spread. It was mom, me, my grandmother and Ag. Dad was out at the helicopter ride, as I mentioned. Mom got the stuff off the grill and said she was going to look for him cause she didn't want him walking back in all that heat and humidity. So the remaining three of us ate. And she had a spread set out: burgers and dogs on the grill, chips, Mama Polt's Homemade Baked Beans, pickles, deviled eggs, cheese and balogna, and watermelon and cantelope for dessert. Man, it was all good, as it always is, and I had two plate fulls.

Mom came back without dad, having been unable to find him. So she ate too. Finally, dad showed up. He had taken a ride and then talked to people he saw there, and then started home. And he came back in the alleyways, to avoid the crowds on the street and such. He was grumpy (as usual) cause she didn't come to get him. She said she DID drive around looking for him, but she was on the STREETS not the alleyways, so how coudl she FIND him? *SIGH*... that's Poppa Polt for ya.

So after the food, Poppa Polt went upstairs for a nap. Ag went to work. I played with the dog while Mama Polt and Grandmama Polt talked. After a bit though, I took the current book I was reading into another room, and lay on the couch and read it. ALthough that didn't last long as ALL before I too was dead to the world. Slept about 45 minutes I think.

I gathered up the laundry and brought it home (along with some leftovers) through that God frosaken heat and humidity as well. I then spent way too much time online. After having supper and some TV I got back online, and I am now posting to my blog, whilst I hear the booms and bangs from the fireworks. I don't like fireworks. They scared me as a kid, and while I'm not scared anymore, they just hold no interest to me. I always feel like I'm missing out on something, cause everyone else seems to go, hang out, have fun and enjoy themselves. BUt I usually always stayed home, in the air conditioning, and kept the frazzled, panting, scared out of her wits dog company. I knew the feeling.

Anyway, I hope your holiday (if you celebrated one today) was just a relaxing. And if you didn't celebrate a holiday...well I hope you had a nice Tuesday.

POLT = listening to "Stayin' Alive" by N-Trance

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds a lot like my day. My mom fixed enough food for an army because she thought my brother and his horde were coming to eat after the parade. No, they dropped Dad off and headed down the road. so, My Mom and Dad and I tried to eat as much food as possible but I think there will be leftovers for a month. I hate fireworks and think they are a waste of time and money. I have classes tomorrow but the fireworks will go on until the wee hours of the morning, Damn! Anyway have a great 4th!

tornwordo said...

Looks like a swell day. I wish I had some deviled eggs.