Sunday, July 09, 2006

Must have been that yesterday...

Okay, so yesterday. It started out pretty sucky, but greatly improved.

Firstly, I got up late, cause my alarm didn't go off. The fact I forgot to set it may have something to do with that. Since I was late, I didn't have time to shave, so I was kinda scraggley all day. Also, I didnt have time to have breakfast at home, so I stopped at the new Sheetz and got some milk and a breakfast sandwich. As I stepped out of my car, I stepped right into a puddle of coffee that someone had split there. no biggie, it was just on the bottom of my shoe. But as I came back to my cars, juggling my keys, the bottle of milk, the breakfast sandwich and the newspaper, well, damn gravity took effect and I dropped my keys...yes, right into the puddle of coffee. I expected a day from hell.

But actually, that was really the end of the bad stuff. I got to work and only had three new clients to deal with, which is quite a relief from the 16 I had a few weeks ago. Also, that guy I work with Tommy, that makes me the extra spaghetti, he brought me in some buffalo wings. It seems he, his wife and daughters went the night before over to some friends of thiers. The whoel group ordered upwards of $60 worth of food, including several pizzas, countless wings, and more bottles of Icehouse than Tommy has drunk in a while. At any rate, there were wings left over that no one wanted, so he brought them in to me. He's such a sweetie.

After work, I went to hang with my friend AJ. SO, using my always friendly Icons, this post will include:


(Obviously, Uncle Polt)
















(And a new icon, this one for AJ)










Now, let me explain to you my travels for the evening (grab your atlas). I left my home in Pennsylvania and drove half hour to work in Maryland. Then I drove another half hour in Maryland to AJ's. When we left there, I drove another half hour into West Virginia, to Martinsburg. And then, another 45 minutes into Virigina to Winchester. And then retraced all my steps back home. Is it any wonder I was tired and my feet hurt last night?

Anyhow, AJ and I got to the Mall in Martinsburg, and were underimpressed. SO instead of hanging out there and eating at one of the restaurants there, we just got back in the car and drove on down I-81 to Winchester. There, we found the Apple Blossom Mall. BUt traffic in WInchester was horrible! I don't if it's always that way, or if it was just bad cause it was a Saturday early afternoon.

At any rate, we walked around the Mall, and AJ was disappointed cause he thought there was an Abercrombie & Fitch store there. There wasn't. Instead we went into Hollister. The place smelled fantastic! I don't know what the aroma was, but it was the best smelling store I have been in in a long time. And the back room, where the registers were, had on either side wall, what looked like a window, and it was showing a live feed from Huntington Becah California, with the waves rolling in. That was pretty neat. ANd behind the counter was a hot, muscular guy wearing a blue t-shirt that was a size too small, but stretched nicely over his chest. He had great blonde surfer hair. We didn't buy anything, cause, well, they don't make fat man sizes for me, and they were too pricey for AJ. I tried to explain that ALL of those stores: Hollister, A&F, AMerican Eagle, etc, were ALL overpriced. But he wouldn't hear of it. A&F have better quality of clothes. *SIGH*. The folly of young.

After this, we drove around, trying to find our way to another mall we could see...but couldn't quite get too. We ended up in a dead end parking lot by a huge car wash, going around the back of a Wal-Mart and ending up back where we started, and having to do a u-turn on a four lane road. BUt we finally got there. It was a strip mall kind of thing, that had a Borders for me next to an Old Navy for him. SO we went to our respective stores, although he ended up in Borders because 1) I was taking so long 2) he didn't find anything he liked and 3) he wanted to buy a Penthouse at Borders anyway. Which he did. And which he got really pissed off about when he opened it, cause there wasn't the kind of nudity he wanted. "This ain't no better than Playboy!" I had suggested he get a Hustler, which was always raunchey in my youth, but Borders doesn't carry that.

After this, we ate at the Oive Garden, and had a pleasant meal, with even more pleasant conversation, in a pleasant atmosphere, with pleasant eye candy for me to look at. And after this, we retraced our tracks home to dropping him off.

As I drove home, I passed our local Borders and wanted to go in to get a book that they didn't have at the WInchester one. WHile I was in there, I looked for people that I had worked with when I worked there three or more years ago. But there were none.

While I was perusing through some books, I saw two guys walk in together. They immediately set my gaydar to beeping. Yeah, I knew they were but then I saw something that shocked me. As they came around the table I was at, I could see they were holding hands. In Borders! In redneck Hagerstown Maryland! Well good for THEM! You go, girls! I was so happy for them. I don't know that'd I'd dare do that in Hagerstown, even today, in an age of Ellen, and Will&Grace and Brokeback Mountain. But I was glad to see they were. I had a smile on my face the rest of the time I was in Borders.

After this I stopped at the same SHeetz I had been at 14 hours before, and got a large Pepsi. I was parched and wanted some of it, even though I shouldn't have because of my blood sugar. And then I came home, got a shower, drank my Pepsi, and rested on the couch with my achey feet propped up until I went to bed.

All Saturdays should be as fun!

POLT = listening to "In A Little While" by U2

Christ, isn't ANYONE straight any more? - Brian, Queer As Folk

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My local Mall has an A&F but I have never purchased anything there. It is very pricey and since I am older than dirt the college kid behind the counter always gives me a look like what are you thinking coming in here this store is for people under 25 years old. Sounds like you had an exciting day, Polt if that is your real name.hehehe! I used to have a straight friend who gave me all of his magazines after he was through with them. No, the pages were never stuck together. He gave me Playboy...Boring. Penthouse...a little better but most of the good stuff was blurry looking, and Hustler...now there was a mag I could enjoy. My friend would say check out the couple on page 14. I would turn to that page and think to myself all right a young and hung guy if only that young lady would stay out of the camermans way these pictures would be so hot. Any way after he found out I was gay he stopped giving me mags or even coming around. It was for the best I'm sure. Now I don't have so much trash to throw away.

katarina said...

I never do anything on a Saturday. I feel so dull.
The last paragraph minus the Pepsi plus a lot more sleep sounded like my Saturday.