Friday, July 21, 2006

What can it mean to a daydream believer...

You know how, when you're driving home from like work or school, and your mind kinda zones out and yet you still get to where ever you're going. And when you get there, like park in front of your house, you're thinking, "Geez, I don't even remember driving here!" (okay, maybe it's just me...)

Anyway, that happened to me today on the way home. I remember driving up to a certain point and then after that, I was consumed with other stuff, like what I was going to post here, how i had to hard boil the eggs i have and clean the strawberries, if I'd need to turn my a/c on tonight, etc, etc, etc. And before I knew it, I was home and in my parking space. And I thought, "Wow, I don't even remember driving."

And then, I paused and screamed in horror. The car was still on, and the radio was playing "Come Sail Away" by Styx, and I had been singing along, not even realizing it.

AHHHHHHH!!!! Singing along to Styx! How horrible! How terrible! Oh, the humanity!

I jumped out of the car and stood there for a few seconds, feeling all...dirty. Ew. As soon as I got inside I had to play some Nirvana and White Zombie just to get the creepy feeling off of me and those sounds out of my ears. Ick.

POLT - listening to "More Human Than Human" by White Zombie

"Get down!" "...Like...in the funky sense?" - Green Arrow

5 comments:

katarina said...

I love Styxx. You must've been thinking about me while you were driving.

And I'm so glad I'm not on the streets in your area.

Anonymous said...

You were transported to a space ship and they ran tests and probes and then put you back after erasing your short term memory...You thought that they were angels but to your surprise, you stepped aboard their starship and headed for the skies...Come sail away, come sail away come sail away with me lads, come sail away come sail away, come sail away with me...

Anonymous said...

I'm sailing away, set an open course for the virgin sea, cause I've got to be free, free to face the life that's ahead of me. On board I'm the Captain, so climb aboard, will search for tomorrow on every shore, and I'll try the best that I can...to carry on! Help me please I can't stop singing that damn song! Does any one have any AbbA? I am listening to Mix 100.7 FM and yet the old songs keep running through my mind. Here's a great song playin gright now, it goes like...I walk alone down the avenue, I walk alone just my shadow and me...Good song, story of my life. "tears up"

Polt said...

You are a dancing queen! young and sweet, only seventeen! Da-doo-doo-doo.... (there Ed, Does that help?)

Atlanta to Cincinnati, no memory, bot doing anything?

Oh, Jason, Sweetie, I bet there a HELLuva story there, son! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Polt your a champion! Champion? Oh NO! It's been no bed of roses, no pleasure cruise, I've had my share of sand kicked in my face but I ain't gonna lose, We are the Champions my friend, and we'll keep on fighting 'til the end. We are the champions, We are the champions no time for losers cause we are the champions of the World! Just shoot me now!