Monday, July 03, 2006

One guy's colors and the other's don't mix...

I was trolling around the Internet today and I found this personality quiz based just on your choice of colors. I found it right here . All you gotta do is pick colors, twice, and it gives you these results (my comments in italics):

Your Existing Situation
Active, outgoing, and restless. (nope not so much me at all)
Feels frustrated by the slowness with which events develop along the desired lines. (well I AM pretty impatient)
This leads to irritability, changeability, and lack of persistence when pursuing a given objective.(oh yeah, I jump project to project all the time...and have been known to be irritable on occasion...hard as that is to believe)

Your Stress Sources
Has an unsatisfied need to ally himself with others whose standards are as high as his own, and to stand out from the herd. (I don't like the idea of being a conformist, so the last part is true, but wouldn't needing to ally myself with others make me a conformist?)
His control of his sensual instincts restricts his ability to give himself, but the resulting isolation leads to the urge to surrender and allow himself to merge with another. (Um, I don't even know really what this says....)
This disturbs him, as such instincts are regarded as weaknesses to be overcome; he feels that only by continued self-restraint can he hope to maintain his attitude of individual superiority. (hmm, disturbingly, this may be quite correct.)
Wants to be loved or admired for himself alone; needs attention, recognition, and the esteem of others. (Okay, this is freakish...I think, if I'm honest, this is true...but all I did was pick colors, I swear!)

Your Restrained Characteristics
Circumstances are forcing him to compromise, to restrain his demands and hopes, and to forgo for the time being some of the things he wants. (Hmm, well I guess...)

Your Desired Objective
Longs for a tender and sympathetic bond and for a situation of idealized harmony. (I suppose that would be nice, but I don't know that I acutally LONG for such a thing)
Has an imperative need for tenderness and affection. (Imperative need? I don't think it's imperative.)
Susceptible to anything esthetic. (Oh HO, this is me to a T! Very easily distracted by something I find attractive! Probably the most accurate thing said so far.)

Your Actual Problem
Has a fear that he might be prevented from achieving the things he wants. (Well, I'm not sure what it is that I might want that I'd be prevented from getting.)
This leads him to employ great personal charm in his dealings with others, hoping that this will make it easier for him to reach his objectives. (Hmm, well I CAN be persuasive, and I DO have great personal charm...hehehhee..)

Your Actual Problem #2
Greatly impressed by the unique, by originality, and by individuals of outstanding characteristics. (Yeah, I can see this.)
Tries to emulate the characteristics he admires and to display originality in his own personality. (Yeah...I want to be original and non-conformist, so I admires those that are, and try to be like them)


Honestly, All I did was click on colors. Some of this is right on the head, others a little less so, but I don't think ANY of it isn't me. And just from picking colors...freaky.

If anyone else takes this, please drop me a comment and tell me about your results. Were they close, dead-on, or was off base?

POLT = listening to "Smack Your Bitch Up" by Prodigy

I have youth on my side. I can stay up all night fucking and still get 1500 on my SAT's. - Justin, Queer As Folk

2 comments:

katarina said...

My results were pretty much dead on. Though, I did have to laugh when they said:
"Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity."

Ummm, no.

Polt said...

so that's two of us who were hit pretty close to right. Anyone ELSE take the quiz?