Sunday, April 30, 2006

Bitchin 'bout your poodles and your pills...

Got a call last night from my friend Scott in California. Haven't heard from him in a little while. He's got his own place now in NORTH HOLLYWOOD!! Now I know nothing of Los Angeles, nor the neighborhoods therein, but it sounds impressive to have a place there. And he's got a boyfriend, David, that's living with him. And David works for City Hall...go figure. He's doing well and all, and I'm quite happy for him, but that's not why I'm posting.

At 22, he up and moved from this, the only home he's ever known, to Los Angeles. Didn't know a soul out there, didn't have a job, met a roommate online, they talked for a bit before he moved out, and then he lived with this near stranger for a while. Got a job there, made friends, is doing quite well.

I am envious of him. I never had the kind of balls it takes to just leave everything you know and go somewhere where you know no one and nothing. But he did it. I'm envious, and proud of him.



That's him right there above. Oh and I titled the post what I did because Scott is...well, we call him Poodle. Cause he hyper, and yippy, and always talking and always moving, and going from subject to subject to subject. Oh and he's obvioiusly gay too. So that's why Poddle's in the title.

POLT = listening to "Everyday I Write The Book" by Elvis Costello

You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you. - Leon Trotsky

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's cute, great smile. I wish him luck.

Onanite

Polt said...

He is indeed cute. And on a trip to Toronto he took with us, I actually got to see him parade around the room with nothing but a towel over his shoulder. Cute...yes, yes he is. :)

The Persian said...

yikes chicken...run away!!

I'm kidding, he's very cute yes.

:)