Friday, April 28, 2006

Down the block, eating food at Luigi's...

Wednesday, at lunch, I took a salad to work and ate it there. Very unusual for me. I'm normally a ham/turkey/roast beef/bologna with cheese/mayo/etc on bread and chips lunch kinda guy. That or hitting a fast food joint. But now, that day, i took a salad to lunch. And whilst grazing my way through it, I bit my lip. In the front, right inside my lip. It bled. And I know it's gonna get this painful sore on there that I can't get rid of, and can't eat well with. but on the upside, it's not a huge zit on the outside, like I had a few weeks ago.

To reward myself for my sensible lunch, I decided on the way home to get pasta stuff and make that. It has been an age since I made pasta. Pasta makes me all warm and tingly, I love the taste of it. So I got the sauce, the raviolis, even some meatballs. I came home, made the whole bag of ravioli, and ate half of it, filling myself up.

Thursday, when I checked my blood sugar first thing in the morning, it was 203. Normally, it's about 150-160 and SHOULD be under 120. But pasta...well, pasta plays all kinds of havoc with the blood sugar. Figures, since I love pasta so.

Anyway, later that day, after work Phoenix and I went to Ruby Tuesdays to eat. And as our watiress seated us, I was struck by her...well not beauty really. But she was attractive. Blonde hair tied back, not too tall. Not a skinny Aushweitz survivor looking type either. Girlfriend wasn't fat, but she did have some meat on her. Brown eyes with lashes to die for. I was strangely...drawn to her.

Yes, I can imagine your surprise, as I was quite surprised as well. And Phoenix also. Okay, maybe he wasn't AS surprised. he just shook his head slightly and chalked it all up to the Polt Chaos. ("Polt Chaos", noun: Immediate area surrounding Polt where the natural laws of luck and chance do not fucntion, and choas theory abounds. "If something weird happens around Polt, don't worry. That's just the Polt Chaos.") All the rest of the evening, I saw her watching me. And not in that freakish oh-my-god-he's-a-stalker kind of way a lot of people watch me.

She wanted me.

She spoke pretty much only to me. Wouldn't have known Phoenix was even there. She asked if I wanted my glass refilled, ignoring his. She asked me if I was finished with my plate, taking Phoenix's without even asking him. She looked at me, and her eyes caressed me. She winked at me...or had an eyelash in her eye. At any rate, I knew she would have given me her phone number, if only she wasn't afraid I'd reject her. That's the only reason she didn't give it to me. But I could tell she wanted to.

Or it could have been my imagination, what do I know anyway?

But what FAScinated me about her, I finally figured out, was her hair. Not only was it all pulled behind her head, which is of no real interest to me, but there was a strand of it that hung down on the left side of her face, reaching to her chin. And it wasn't an accidentally fallen piece of hair, she had set it there. And constantly flipped her head back to move it, or pushed it back with her fingers.

I don't know what to say, I've got a fetish for hairthings. Normally, it's hairthings on guys, but in this case, wow, she was working it, and I was loving it. ( I have GOT to get laid again..and soon...I'm starting to check out chicks......)

Oh, and while eating my salad there, I ripped into my lip again with my teeth, just milimeters from the first place. ARGHH! Now it'll get evn BIGGER and SORER! I HATE when I do that.

POLT = listening to "Don't Cry" by Guns N Roses

Too many freaks, not enough sideshows.

No comments: