Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Save what's left for the deaf...

TONE DEAF TUESDAYS

Oops, almost forgot to do one of these....sinus thingee and all, you understand. Anyway, this week, I'm taking us back to 1987, the fall. I know it was fall cause it was a little cold, I had a grey hooded sweatshirt on. I was driving two of my friends, Duff, and Jim back into town, I have no idea where we were. For some reason I don't recall, we had my parents blue station wagon. they were looking through the tapes I had brought along and found the Brothers In Arms tape by Dire Straits.

We put it in the player and started listening. We got halfway through Money For Nothing, with all of us singing it. I pulled off the road onto this side road that went off through fields. There were a few houses off in the distance. I pulled the car over, turned the blinkers on. They both got out of the car. I set the tape back to the beginning of Money For Nothing, and turned the volume way up. Then, the three of us stood outside the car, and sang that at the top of our lungs. It started to rain slightly, sprinkling and such. I put my hood up, but none of us went back into the car.

And there we stood, three fools in the rain, singing way off key, and all three doing our best air guitar impersonations. We all thought it was the coolest thing. If anyone else saw it, I'm sure they realized what stupid kids we were.



Ah, the folly of youth.

POLT = listening to "Time Of Your Life" by Paul Oakenfold

No, Mini-Me, we don't gnaw on our kitty. - Dr. Evil, Austin Powers The Spy Who Shagged Me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what is great about being young, looking stupid does not matter. What is interesting is when we get older, very much older we revert to that same kind of "I don't care" attitude. That's why you see 70 year olds in leisure suits.

Onanite

Polt said...

Onanite: I'm not to leisure suit stage yet, but pretty much I've adapted a who cares attitude. Wish I had it when I was younger and I worried less about what people thought...sigh...

Brad:I bet that's something to see, Brad, playing air guitar and singing at the top of his lungs.

Preferably wearing the shorts you wore in this week's HNT, eh?

Homina, homina...