Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Hidden behind the idols you adore (part VI)....

Rod Stewart??? WTF??? So far this season, they've had Stevie Wonder, Barry Manilow, Kenny Rogers, Queen and now Rod Stewart? Can they not find anyone that had a hit after 1979 to help out the contestants?

Anyway, onto the constestants themselves:
Chris (What A Wonderful World): Very un-Chris-like. But very well done. Showed versitility. Wow. Gave me chills (despite showing his wife). Was that an ascot he was wearing? "Great performance"? From Simon? Wow!
Paris (Foolish Things): Wow! Song seemed a bit too big for her, but it was still an swesome perfomance. Very classy. This is the kinda music she should sing.
Taylor (You Send Me): Nor a fan of his but well done. I mean, not as good as the first two, but one of his better performances, except that crap at the end. Ugh! Drunk uncle at a wedding reception anyone?
Elliott (It Had To Be You): Reminds me of a gerbil i once had, all ears and teeth and squeeky. Not a fan of ihs either, but he too did well, considering it was him. Nonetheless, it still sounded like a karoke night at the corner bar.
Kellie (Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered): Bubbly? She's bubbly-headed! She seems a little flat, a little off tone. My dislike of her is well documented here, but still, I thought she did her best job so far that I've seen. I still didn't like it, but it was good for her. Oh, and that last note... oh, horrible. It shattered a glass on my coffee table. "When all else fails you better have good shoes!" LOVE IT! First thing she's said that made sense all season. Lucky she had good shoes, cause all else failed her.
Ace (That's All) : In a suit? No stubble?? Hair pulled back???? No (at first, I was paniced, cause I thought he cut it off!)!!! He too was a little flat as well. but my GOD is he hot? That smile... he's so hot, I needed a cigarette when he was done singing. Wow. Charming, indeed!
Katharine (Somebody To Watch Over Me): I have never liked her much, and I knew these would be the songs she was born to sing. She was off in a few places, but I gotta tell you, if she keeps singing like that, she has a legitimate shot at taking it all. And that's the first time I ever thought that. Thank GOD, though, she didn't do a Whore-guleira banshee scream again!

I thought Katharine, Chris and Paris were the best. Taylor and Elliott not as good, and Ace and Kellie in the bottom. I predict the bottom three will be Kellie, Ace and Elliott. In a perfect world they would be, but the redneck NASCAR hillbilly nation will all vote for Kellie and keep her safe, I bet. I think Ace is on his way out. And after such a better performance than he's done in recent weeks, too.

POLT = listening to "Bad To The Bone" by George Thorogood

We are all born cold, naked and hungry. And then things get worse.

No comments: