Friday, April 21, 2006

You said it wasn't good enough...

I went in to work today, the first day since my news earlier in the week. Everything was okay, more or less. But I still wasn't motivated. And then, after lunch, a co-worker who is not a gossip, and a pretty decent guy, came to me and said he was so pissed last night. He heard some of the people who recieved the pay raise were talking about my leaving on Wednesday, and my reaction to finding out. And they had the nerve to complain about my reaction, saying that I don't do the same work they do, why should I make as much as them? I contained myself while he was telling me this (oh he did stand up for me and the others in my department and argued with them over it), but the more I thought about it, the more pissed I got. How sad is it that even though the get the raise, that I didn't, they still have to bitch about me not being happy about it. Oh, those petty little shits. But I know the source, so I'm taking all that into consideration.

And then, at the end of the day, with like 10 minutes yet to go, and issue came up, and I was the only one there in my department. And I stayed an hour late, to get the issue straightened out and resolved. I'm not good enough for the raise, and I'm not deserving of it, but who did they come to when there was an issue they couldn't resolve on thier own? ARGH!

I tried to be the bigger person over this and just get the issue taken care of, and not say any of those things, but it was difficult. ANd I didn't put in for overtime, but when i get in tomorrow, I AM gonna put in for it! They're paying me for that time, I ain't giving them ANYthing for free.

POLT = listening to "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" by Pink Floyd

George, I love you very much, but would you mind moving your chin just an inch to the right? Mammy spent an hour on these curls. - Bette Davis

1 comment:

Polt said...

Wow, Brad, you sound like I did a few days ago. breathe, my friend, breathe. :)

Thanks for the support. I did put in for the overtime, and when I wrapped everything up about a half hour early today, i just left, didn't put in for leave. Fuck em, as you said. ;)

FIGHT THE MAN! POWER TO THE PEOPLE! (or something like that.) :)