Saturday, April 15, 2006

Blue kazoo I tied my little cousin to...

Last night, I went with my parents to my aunt and uncles. Thier two daughters, my cousins, were back in town for the weekend, one had brought her son, my little 11 month old cousin Cam, and my aunt was making supper for us all.

It was, as always, an adventure. Firstly, my aunt had never made chicken this way before, and she wasn't sure how it would turn out. And she burnt the bottom of the chickens. The rest of it was still edible, and actually quite good. My cousin Tracy was mashing the potatos in the mixer. She went to pour in some salt, and the lid to the salt shaker dropped right off and into the potatos! And she couldn't stop the mixer before it got all mixed down in. Now, of course, she's laughing. She was trying to fish it out and her long hair kept getting in her way, so I pulled it to the back her head and held it there while she fished the lid out. We didn't tell the other until we had eaten, so they'd eat the potatos.

As we were finishing up the meal, Cam woke up in the back bedroom. And was SCREAMING! My uncle went to get him, and brought him out, and he kept SCREAMING! We (and when I saw we, I mean my cousin Tracy, cause there ain't NO way I do diapers) changed his diapers, and he still SCREAMED! His mother, Trish, tried to feed him some mashed potates or other stuff she had, and he still SCREAMED! I took him and held him and walked around the house with him, and he sitll SCREAMED! His father took him and tried to feed him again, and he still SCREAMED! his grandmother took him and rocked himand rubbed his tummy (he's had stomach issues before) and he still SCREAMED! It was horrible. I felt so bad for him. I mean, nothing worked. And he seemed in such agony. I'd never seen him like that.

Finally, Trish took him back to the bedroom and nursed him. And he shut right up and was fine the rest of the night. Boy just wanted some tit. (obviously, HE didn't get the gay gene!) Oh he was blast after that. he's not crawling yet, but he can move all over the floor. And he was. And he was content all evening to just lay on the floor and play with his toys. He laid on his back and would bring his little legs up and hold the toys with his legs and arms and just play and coo to himself. he was a total joy then. We all had fun with him. he didn't even mind getting passed around to all of us. His grandmother and my mother gave him a bath, and he was cooing and giggling all through that too. We left as they were putting him to bed.

He's such a good kid, that's why the screaming was so disturbing. And he's getting so big. Naturally, I took several pictures!


This is Cam and me (squinting for some unknown reason). That's his squeaky duck, Waddles, he's holding onto.












This, of course, is Cam. He's being a wiggle worm on the floor.














This is Cam, way up close. he has THE biggest blue eyes I've seen in long time! And when he smiles with his four teeth showing, it's just infectious!










This is the sisters, Trish, mother of Cam, and Tracy, she of the lost salt shaker lid. Love em both (although Tracy is and always has been my favorite cousin. Like a sister to me she is)










POLT = listening to "Head On" by the Pixies

Interesting work with AIDS...especially since it brings out the very worst in a bunch of folks who don't even have it. - Lucifer, Crimson

No comments: