Sunday, April 16, 2006

Relaxes, world dies, I still pay taxes...

Yes, I am finished done! I did my federal taxes back in March, and I got my refund this week, $898, thank you very much! I did my state taxes by telefile on Wednesday or so, and that came out to the penny, like it always does. All that left was my local taxes, and i KNEW I'd owe there. Sat down tonight, figured them out, I owe $347.15 So I did the paperwork, wrote out my check, stapled everything as instructed, put them in the envelope, sealed it, put the stamps on, and now, I'm having a beer. It's Miller Time.

I don't mind doing my taxes, since I don't itemize, it's really pretty easy (and with MY head for numbers, the easier the better). What irks me, though, is I read in the paper Cheney is getting like a 1.9 million dollar REFUND! Christ!!! How much do you have to overpay (or CLAIM that you overpaid) to get a refund of that size??? No wonder he's pushing to keep those tax breaks for the rich permanent, he's raking in the dough from them. And it's not as if his connections with the oil companies aren't already getting him millions.

I hold solace in the fact that somewhere in the Bible (I don't know the exact place, but Cheney, being the good....Christian he is [yeah, I can't say it with a straight face either] surely knows where) that a rich man has as good a chance as getting into heaven as a camel does through the eye of a needle. I'm paraphrasing, but you get the idea. I wonder if Cheney does?

POLT = listening to "Dreaming" by Blondie

The only faggots worth laughing at are those that lie about being faggots. - Brian, Queer As Folk

No comments: