Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The possibility that it's not a bad thing...

Today at work, I had a meeting that I was kinda nervous about. Since the Bitch Troll From Hell and I switched duties in October, there's been one duty that I have that I feel is needlessly restrictive. I've been saying, given any opportunity, that we need to modify the way we do that job. No one listened, and I was in fact told on several that we absolutely would not change the porcess. BUt just last week, I was told, given the current circumstances, to write up a proposal about modifying the porcess. This I did. I had a co-worker go over it, and she gave me some helpful ideas on how to improve it, which I did. Yesterday, I found out today would be the meeting.

So at 900, I get to the conference for the meeting. My boss is there, and the BIG boss is there too, he'll have to approve any changes. I was worried that the Bitch Troll From Hell would try to worm her way in. Not that she has anything to do with either the duty OR the process anymore, but because she had to do it under this process for about 6 years, and deal with all the problems, and either couldn't or didn't get it changed. And she's the vindicitive sort, so I could easily see her sabatoging my proposal just so I couldn't get it changed. BUt when the time came for the meeting, BTFH wasn't there. I cheered.

UNtil the Big Boss mentioned that BTFH had some list that they needed to go over. He had my boss call her, and tell her to join us. My stomach sank. My boss said she was involved with a client, and would be over when she was finished. SO I started my proposal. And basically, in the end, I got everything I wanted. Well, not totally, but they did change the process in the way I wanted, and in the end, what they didn't change wasn't that big of a deal anyway.

BTFH arrived just a bit before we were wrapping everything up, as I summarized the changes to the process. I was afraid she would bring something up then, as she did NOT look pleased, but she didnt try to torpedo anything.

So i got what i wanted, and got to get it in front of her, kinda rubbing her nose in it. Despite my LOVE of national politics, I really HATE office politics. Mostly cause I lose most of the time. But it sure is nice to win sometimes.

POLT = listening to "Teenage Lust" by The Jesus And Mary Chain

Don't let people lie to you: hostels are for the ugly. - Victor, Rules Of Attraction

No comments: