Sunday, April 30, 2006

Used to be a superhero, I would swoop down...

Superhero Sunday





This week, we have Star Boy.

First Appearance: 1965
Real Name: Thom Kallor
Powers: Increase the mass of any object or person, thus making them heavier
Origin: He was born in the 30th century on the planet Xanthu. He was born with the powers. He gained other powers for a bit and joined the Legion Of Super-Heroes. Eventually, he lost those others, but retained his natural ones.
My Thoughts: Star Boy was always rather one dimensional in my mind until around the Darkseid Saga. Then he lost the crewcut, grew a beard, and a bit of a personality. And how could you NOT like the guy who managed to snag Dream Girl as his girlfriend, eh? In later re-booted incarnations of the Legion, he's lost all the personality, and was never used in quite the same way. In the most recent versoin, they've made him black, and given him a cape, things which are not earth shattering, I suppose, but the new one, he just isnt' Star Boy to me. Hell, this whole new Legion is really the Legion to me. The times they are a-changin indeed.

POLT = listening to "Once In A Lifetime" by The Talking Heads

Birthdays are like underwear: they can be wild and exciting, or just plain stinky, they can creep up on you or feel like a pain in the butt. And when you've had 'em long enough, there's some sagging, wrinking, and a general breakdown of elasticity.

1 comment:

m_o_o_nspells said...

Speaking of superheoes, the comic convention was fun...and short, since hubby got almost everything he wanted done on Friday!
He also picked you up a little somethin' while he was there...so, if you wanna email me yer address, I will send it to you poste haste (I think you'll QUITE appreciate it!)! If you aren't comfy with that idea, I can just post a pic of it for ya...my email is rmalley71 at hotmail dot com.
I'll post pics etc. over at my place tomorrow! :o)