Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Ask the dust for any answers...

Okay, time for the answers to the 4 Truths and 1 Lie!

1) The number of states within the USA I have been to is less than the number of times I have been outside the USA.

True. I have been to 14 states, but I've been to Niagara Falls, Canada in 1981; Continental Europe in 1984; The Bahamas in 1989; England in 1995, and Toronto Canada 13 times since 1997 for a grand total of 17.

2) I have been stopped by the police, given a breathalyzer, and charged with an alcohol related crime.

True. Three months before I turned 21, a friend and I were drinking out along back contry roads, when the cops pulled up behind us and pulled us over. They gave me a breathalyzer, which was only .06 or so, so all the could charge me with was Possession of Alcohol under 21. I went to court, pled guilty and had a $71 fine to pay and that was that.

3) Ashamed though I am to admit it, I once voted for a Republican for Governor of Pennsylvania.

False. Oh come on people, I'd sooner vote for a dead dog than I would a Republican. I have voted Republican for some local offices, like for state representative or state senator, but for any national candidate, or state wide office I can proudly say I have NEVER voted for a Republican.

4) Despite being a gay man I have had sex with the wife of a good friend, the girlfriend of another friend, and a 19 year old shapely blonde female co-worker that all my male co-workers were drooling over.

True, although it's not all as bad as it sounds. I was in my early 20's for all of this. The husband was there while I had sex with the wife, and the boyfriend was there while I had sex his girlfriend, both were threeways. And all the other guys at Domino's were drooling over Sarah, a cute shapely blonde. I wasn't, for somewhat obvious reasons. She invited me to a party at her college dorm, and there was much drinking, and she and I ended up alone and one thing led to another, and the rest is history.

5) I once lost 40 pounds over a two month period.

True. yep, the metabolism of an 19 year old is amazing! When I returned home from my freshman year at college i weighed 260 lbs. I started hanging out with the group of guys in late June and we were on the go ALL summer, or at least all of July and August. SO when I returned to college that fall, i only weighed 220lbs. Man, I wish it were that easy to lose it now.

So that's the truths and lies. Maybe I'll do this again, if I can think of anything else.

POLT = listening to "Warning" by Green Day

I have seen some slip-shod backwater burgs, but this place takes the cake. - Miguel Ferrer, Twin Peaks

2 comments:

The Persian said...

Yay..more Poltage I never knew :)

Polt said...

Poltage???? heheh, what a word.