Monday, May 15, 2006

Borderline, feels like i'm going to lose my mind...

SO, I see on tonight's news, that in the speech that Bushie's gonna give tonight (the speech that I will NOT be watching. I'd rather castrate myself with a rusty spoon and no painkillers than listen to him attempt to talk about any subject) he's gonna tell us the border is out of control. No kiddin! And he's going to suggest putting the National Guard troops on the border. where DOES he get these ideas?

Aren't we depleting the Nation Guard units to send them over to the MIddle East so we can use them and not have to call up a draft? I know we did the first time we were in the Iraq, and i"m pretty sure we're doing it now. So where are these Guardsmen going to come from?

And frankly, I'm not at ALL pleased about having military units roaming aroung INSIDE the USA anywhere, on patrol and stuff. I mean, I know they are stationed within the USA, but that's not what I mean. I live right near the maryland borders, and I wouldnt' like to see and hear National Guard units roving around and through my town to patrol the Mason Dixon line. That's not what our military is for. And I don't imagine the citizens of California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas are gonna like it much either. But maybe i'm wrong.

Hey, if nothing else, this is gonna piss off Hispanic voters, and keep them from voting Republican and maybe even voting Democratic, so it's a win-win for me. And the country as well.

ANd supposedly the reason he is proposing this is to placate conservative Republicans in the House so they go along with his "guest worker" program later on. IF they guest worker thingee is such a good idea, why does he need to bribe the House Republican, conservative Republicans at that, to go along with it. How sad and pathetic are you as a president when you have to bribe members of your OWN party to go along with your ideas? I guess when you've got an approval rating equivalent to NIxon at the time of his resignation, that's what you have to do.

Hmmm, wonder If Bushie would ever follow Nixon's example?

POLT = listening to "Motion" by Paul Oakenfold

The only skills I have the patience to learn are those that have no real application in life. - Calvin & Hobbes

4 comments:

Polt said...

I don't know Brad, once the Democrats get control of Congress in the fall, i think Bushie might be too busy his last two years testifying before committees to worry about restarting the draft.

Course, then again, as he becomes more and more irrelevant, and more of a lame duck each year, he might just think,what they hell, and restart the draft.

Although,actually, that might take an act of Congress to institute the draft, and with the Dems in control after November..well, that ain't gonna happen.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.