Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Hear the plumber poung the well...

Lately, in the last week or so, I've noticed that the pipes under my kitchen sink are leaking. Not all the time, just sometimes. Still, this isn't something one wants to just let go. SO I called the landlord, who called the plumber, who called me yesterday. He couldn't get to it yesterday, but he could get to it today, if I could leave the back door open or what have you. I said sure, I could so that.

But this morning, I got up for work, and was eating my oatmeal (no i don't really like it much either, but the doctor recommended I eat is, so whatcha gonna do?) when I thought, "I really don't want to leave the back door open all day. Not that I think anything WOULD happen, but something COULD happen." SO, to alleviate my fears, I called in to work and told them when the plumber left, if it wasn't too late, I'd come into work then, and just take leave for the time I waited for him.

ANd then I waited. And waited. And waited some more. And then, finally at 345, he calls and says they got tied up, they couldn't get to my place, they COULD get there tomorrow, if I left the door open again. I told him i had taken the day off work, he could at least had called me to tell me he was held up! He said I had said I'd be at work, and was going to leave the door open. Which kinda shut me up, cause that IS what I told him....so what could I say really? I told him I'd leave the door open tomorrow.

I am kinda pissed, cause not only did I waste 8 hours of leave, but I didn't even sleep in cause I didn't want to be sleeping when they arrived, and I didn't go outside, even though it was a beautiful day. I didn't even get online cause I didn't want to tie up the phone line in case they called for any reason. So I basically wasted a whole day. And wasting whole days isn't all the unusual for me, but normally, the wasting is done on MY terms and not cause somebody else's schedule got screwed up.

Well, not much I can do about it now, anyway. Try to be philosophical about it, or find a moral somewhere (don't take off work unless you have to, perhaps?) I just better not come home tomorrow to a flooded kitchen...or one with no water at all!

POLT = listening to "Come Away WiIth Me" by Norah Jones

An ugly girl is like a moped: you don't mind riding her when you're alone, but you sure don't want your friends to see you on her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»