Sunday, May 07, 2006

These are the days...

Okay, well as I mentioned, these last few days have been a whirlwind of events and happenings, and I've not had much time to post. Allow me to explain what's been going on.

Firstly, Thursday, after work, I went to my parents, as it was, after all, thier anniversary. WHen i got there, though, they were gone. So I hung out with the dog, did some laundry, watched some TV, just waited for thier return.

When they got back, I wished them a Happy Anniversary and gave them my card. They had gone to Red Lobster to eat, and dad had given mom a dozen red roses. Beautiful looking and smelling they were. Then I had mom get online and she got all the congratulatory emails. She laughed through them, and I explained to her who everyone was and where they were from. She very much enjoyed them. Afterwards, I hung out with them a bit and talked and stuff. And by the time I got back to my place, it was practically time for bed.

Friday, after work, I met Ag at Cafe del Sol. Didn't go home, went right there from work. After the meal, we did a bit of shopping. Not a lot, but just picked up some stuff. Then, we were on our way home, when Ag gets a call from her friend Michelle, wanting us to come over. It was already 800, and I had to go to work the next day...but, I hadn't seen Michelle in a while, nor her intended Frank...and Michelle does usually have cute young guys hanging out at her place, AND she has wine-in-a-box, so I thought yeah, okay I'll go!

We hung out there until about 1100. There were no cute young guys (damn), but I did have some wine-in-a-box. The only glasses I could find were small ones, I didn't want to make frequent trips back to the wine-in-a-box, so I got a 4 cup measuring cup, with a nifty handle, and filled that with wine-in-a-box. Got a picture of me holding it with my camera phone....now i just need to figure out how to get the photos OFF my camera phone and into my computer.

Anyway, we left MIchelle's and I returned here. I managed to get two posts to the blog Friday night right before midnight, right before i went to bed.

Saturday I got up and to work without much issue. Luckily, I got everything wrapped up cause that meant I got to leave a bit early. Which was a good thing, cause of the plans I had for that night. I got to come home and nap for about an hour, which I needed after the previous night. And then, I got showered, changed and off Ag and I went.

We met our friends Michelle (yes, the same on from the night before) and Celeste, and off we went for DC. We were going to see Rent. Oh but things are never that easy, are they? It seems when we ordered these tickets back in like March or February, I had invited my friend Manny to come along, and he said yes, so we got him a ticket. Last Sunday, I found out, due to circumstances beyond his control, he wouldn't be able to go. So Monday, I called my friend Kelly, and she said she'd go. Then, Saturday morning, the day of the performance, kelly called to tell me she threw her back out the night before and wouldn't be able to make it either. I wasn't really upset, but I was worried about her, how her back was and all. Well, having and spare ticket to Rent and less than 12 hours until the start of the performance ain't sucha great thing. I checked with two co-workers, both of which who wanted to go, but both of which already had plans. Damn. So then I called Ag and told her.

Anyway, when Ag and I got to meeting place, Celeste showed up. She said Michelle had called her, and she decided on going with us. Which was cool. And then Michelle showed up. And we were on our way. We stopped and ate on the way. On the Metro, I was all caught up in the eye candy. Plenty of hot guys, including one inCREDibly cute blond, blue eyed, smooth cheeked kid two seats in front of us with his grungy, dread-locked friend. I coudl barely keep my eyes off of him to have a conversation with Michelle.

Anyhow, we got to the theater about an hour early, so instead of going and waiting that long, we walked a little further down the block and sat in front of a Starbuck. Right across the street, though was Freedom Plaza, and there was a horde of skateboarders skateboarding over there. So I HAD to go over, natch! I sat over there close to them and watched them for about a half hour. I was sad that it wasn't just a BIT warmer or a BIT less windy, cause in either of those cases, I'm sure they would have had thier shirts off. SIGH. Oh well. I didn't get a very good photo of them, as I didn't want to be obvious about it, but here is one.




Anyway, we got inside, saw the play, LOVED it! It was like the 7th time Ag and I have seen it (once in Toronto, twice in Baltimore, and I think this was the fourth time we had seen it in DC, everytime in the Warner Theater). Our first, in Toronto, was still the best in my mind, but this one was pretty damn good too. And they eye candy at the play....ooo, too much! There was an incredibly hot young man in our aisle, a blue shirt with white color and a pink tie, with a very nice hairthing. I KNEW he was family! Ag managed to get a photo of him in the Metro after the show (yes, she was helping me in my stalking adventures) and yes I KNOW he's holding the hand of the black chick, but I'm sure he's just being polite, so they don't get seperated or lost in the crowded Metro. ANd that kiss he gave her during intermission...just being friendly. Do NOT destroy my fantasy, all right??!!??! It's MY fantasy, let me have it!!!



Since there was construction on the Metro, it took us WAAAAY longer than it should to have to get home. I didn't get into bed until about 130.

And THAT, my friends, is why I haven't posted much recently. ALthough, now with all that out of the way, I outta be back to my regular posting schedule.

Oh and here is a photo of the three ladies I went with. We were waiting outside of an Olive Garden. This is Celeste, Michelle, and Ag.



POLT = listening to "Sunray" by The Jesus And Mary Chain

Oh, sorry. There's wood every morning, I can't help it. - Zed, Splendor

No comments: