Thursday, May 11, 2006

Games on thirty afternoons...

Well kids, I thought I'd tell you about my afternoon. Firstly, work went surprisingly well. All day in fact. Nothing came up that I couldn't handle, and handle with ease and no stress. I actually laughed with some co-workers AND clients today, how weird is that?

Since I got paid today (well actually it's direct deposit, so it won't actually BE there until tomorrow morning, I don't think, but whatever...), I decided I'd go to Borders right after work. As I've mentioned I used to work there part time. Made many great friends there, had many great times there. As I entered Borders, I ran into another ex-employee Jeremy. The cool thing was, he had moved to Florida, and I thought he was still there, but he had been back about a year he said. So we chatted a bit and caught up.

Then, I made my book selections: a book about Presidential Campaigns, a book of gay quotes, and...and this one I'm enbarrassed about a bit, but a book that the Poseidon Adventure was based on. I know, I know, there's a cheesy remake coming out soon. But I LOVED the first movie! And I still love it everytime I see it. That's about the only movie that I can stumble upon at any point during the movie and will sit transfixed until it ends. Yeah, I AM a freak, so what?

At this point, I saw Ghostie. Whereas I am an ex-employee, he is still a current one. He was at the info desk, so I stood there and talked to him. I also talked to Seth, another employee. And a lil cutie too. He intelligent (going to start law school in Philly in the fall), with a great sense of humor, bright blue eyes, an infectious smile, and, even though I am not into much facial hair, he has a trimmed and very well kept beard. Very attractive, physically and otherwise.

Not that I was noticing or anything, mind you.

I tired to convince him to accompany the group of us to see X3 opening night...but he might be leaving town that day, which sucks. If he doesn't go, I'm sure he'll go along (I'll keep buggin Ghostie to ask and ask him about going). So I bought my books and got another one of those new Borders Rewards card thingee. I lost the previous one i had. And then I took the card back to Ghostie, and he helped me get it registered. Not that I needed help, I could have figured it out once I got home, but frankly, I didn't feel like doing it. so Ghostie did it for me. He's a good friend...and easy to wrap about one's pinkie as well.

So upon leaving Borders, I remembered I needed to get some cards, and thankfully there's a Hallmark store right next to Borders. I went in and quickly located a birthday card for my grandmother (who's birthday was three days ago) and my cousin Tim (who's birthday was 10 days ago). yes, I AM a card sending fool, I LOVE to send cards, for no reason most of the time. If I read one that makes me laugh I buy it and send it to the appropriate friend. Unfortunately, birthdays and other anniversaries I sometimes have trouble getting them there on time. It's a running joke in my family. "Oh yeah, you'll always get a birthday card from Polt, but WHEN you get it is always a mystery."

Upon getting the cards, I left the store and returned home. I stopped at Rutters (a convience store chain around here) to get a sub. They have very good sandwiches there. WHile I'm waiting for it to be prepared, i notice a cute guy that works there, about 17 maybe, trying to put the cardboard display together to hold the new Skittles display. I can see he's got the oen ledge bent the wrong way. he would never get it that way. I was about to go help him (cause I'm all about helping cute guys fold thier cardboard), when this chick that works there came by the help.

yeah, she couldn't figure it out either. One supposes that's why both of them are working at Rutter's instead of, say, a national engineering firm, or NASA. After struggling with it for a few minutes, including the time they both just stood back and stared at it, the chick had to leave to go ring someone up.

I saw my chance and took it. I zoomed in and gently pointed out that the cardboard should probably be folded this way, and together, our fingers touching once or twice, we got it folded. He said it still looked wobbly. I pointed out the flaps at the bottom of the display, they probably needed folded in, to give it a sturdy base. He got onto his hands and knees to read the small writing printed there, giving this perverted old man a chance to ogle his buttocks in the tight jeans he wore. And ogle I did. Hey, if any guys presents a hot ass for me to leer at, it WILL be leered at!

He stood and told me that writing said to bend the flaps under. he seemed amazed that I knew this without reading it myself. It just seemed obvious once you looked at the display, but whatever, let him think I'm a display god, who am I to disuade him of it?

That finished I just watched him set the remainder of it up, took my sub when it was ready, left and came home.

And that, kids, was my afternoon. An afternoon of cute guys is ALWAYS a good afternoon!

POLT = listening to "Dooms Night" by Azzidd da Bass

The higher the authority, the less adept they are with office machinery. - Patrick Price

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»