Wednesday, May 10, 2006

It's been so long, Mama, I'm coming home...

Coming home...got two unrelated stories that both fit that title.

1) I came home from work today, with no plumbers in sight. I checked under the sink, and everything had changed. I had metal pipes under there, and now, they're all that plastic tubing! From the drains of both sinks through to where it exits in the back wall is nothing but tubing. And I think they mighta even took the doors off the hinges, the one was pretty wobbly. But there musta been something seriously wrong with it before, beyond the leak. The water's running out now better than it has in YEARS. Course, this is my ninth year here, and it's the first time I had to call anyone about the kitchen sink...maybe I was just due.

2) It's ironic that I posted about Poddle earlier this week, cause he called me last night to tell me he's coming home. He said he and David split up, he hates his job, has no real friends only acquintances, and no desire to look for boyfriends or a job he likes. So he's driving back (a 4 day trip from California) and is gonna live with his grandmother and help her out for a while until he gets back on his feet. He says he's glad he went and was there for 2.5 years, but Los Angeles is TOO busy, too fast, too rush rush, and not relaxing enough for him. Plus, he misses all his family and friends back here, so he's returning.

I told him he needed to do what he thought best for him. But at least now he can say he tried it out there and preferred it back here. At least for now. SO it's good, I'll get to see him again regularly. I've only seen him once since he moved.

POLT = listening to "These Are The Days" by 10,000 Maniacs

Don't let your crushes become obsessions. - Kim Gordon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poddle???
Did you mean Piddle, perhaps?

Recovering Fairy Godfather

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»