Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Hidden behind the idols you adore (part VII)...

They get to sing two songs tonight...oh joy....

Elliott (On Broadway): Chewed his nails since he was a kid? Maybe that explains all the problems with his teeth? But with his singing, frankly, I was impressed. His best performance that I've seen. He didn't look uncomfortable at all. Probably his best performance overall. Gotta do something about the huge freakin knots in his ties though.
Paris (Kiss): no, no, no, not the right song for her at all. She's not funky enough to sing this song. Not a good performance at all.
Chris (Renegade): Now this is his type of song, and man, can he sing it! not the best he's ever done, but still the best so far tonight!
Katharine (Against All Odds): She wasn't with the band, too fast. I HATE this song! And she did NOT sing it very well. Oh GOD, she's back to the Whore-guleria wailing. She CAN sing, she didn't sing well this time.
Taylor (Play The Funky Music, White Boy): Oh. My. God. he is too white, too old, and too straight to be singing this song. Need I even say it? Okay, I will: drunk uncle at wedding reception. With the added bonus of sounding like bad karaoke. Obviously, HE was having fun, but really, is that performance worthy of Idol at this stage of the game?
Elliott (Home): Seems a bit off. Doesn't seem uncomfortabel, but something's not really meshing for me. His first performance was much better.
Paris (Be Without You): This is more her type of song. She's got some problems with deep noties, though. Did she swear, or did my sound just got out for a second or two? The song, again was too big for her.
Chris (I Dare You): Never heard the song before, but the way he sang it makes me want to hear it again. A bit too much yelling, but still he rocked it hard!
Katharine: (Black Horse and the Cherry Tree): I do not like this song. But she sang better than her first time. Still doing the Whore-gulera screech. She's much better when she doesnt' do that.
Taylor( Something): Bad karaoke, bad karaoke, bad, bad, bad karaoke. NUff said. His purple shirt was nice, though

So, to summarize: Elliott 1: good. Paris 1: bad. Chris 1: good. Katharine 1: poor. Taylor 1: bad. Elliott 2:fair. Paris 2:poor. Chris 2: fair. Katharine2: Fair. Taylor 2: poor.

My assesment then is that either Paris or Taylor will go home. If there is any justice, it will the drunk uncle Taylor, but he seems to have quite a following, so I suppose it'll be Paris.

POLT = listening to "You're The First, The Last, My Everything" by Barry White

I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness. - George W. Bush

No comments: