Monday, May 01, 2006

One cloud at a time that night in Toronto...

April's over and I've not been to Toronto. *SIGH* For a few years there, Ag and I went to Toronto twice a year in April and October. WE both love the place. I've been there 13 times since my first trip in July 1997.

Toronto, I am fond of saying, has all the good parts of an American city, and none of the bad. They've got museums, and theater, and shopping. People are polite there, everyone says thank you, and strangers hold doors open for you. Driving in Toronto is easier than driving in Baltimore, and Toronto is much bigger. It's a very clean city. And while I'm sure they've got SOME crime up there, geez, it's nothing like you'd find in a city in the USA of comparable size. I've drunkenly walked the streets downtown on my way back to the hotel and never felt unsafe. At all hours of the early pre-dawn morning. But then maybe that says more about me than it does about the city. It's a very open and accpeting city, much like it's country. Certainly moreso than anything outside of a large metropolitan area in the USA. I just love everything about it. I will get back there again, hopefully later this year.

At any rate, to make me feel a bit better, I posted these photos of the Toronto skyline.




















*SIGH*....I miss Toronto....

POLT = listening to "Simple Kind Of Life" by No Doubt

Girls, if he dances and dresses better than you, he's interested in something else altogether. - Cameron Tuttle

5 comments:

m_o_o_nspells said...

Left ya a little somethin' on my blog...hope it makes ya feel better! Hugs

Polt said...

you are SO sweet! I Love any and all Toronto photos! I'd love to BE there taking the photos more, but..eh, whatcha gonna do?

The Persian said...

I fcking LOVE LOVE LOVE Toronto!!

I have been to so many places across the globe and have to say Toronto was one of the most beautiful, I can't wait to get back up there again :)

Ryan said...

awesome pics. never been there but would like 2 someday.

Polt said...

If you've never been to Toronto, it is one place you HAVE to visit. The gay ghetto along Church street is just fanTAStic! Everyone's so accepting of gays and lesbians there. Everytime I go, I feel like I've come home.

Someday, i WILL live there...I only hope it's not when I'm too old to enjoy myself there. :)