Friday, May 05, 2006

I take her to our anniversary, she says one...

I've dated this so it'll be the first message through Friday, so if this is the second time you've seen this, scroll down, there may be a new post below.

At ANY rate, Thursday, May 4th is my parents 43rd Wedding Anniversary. Yeah, i don't know how they did it either without killing each other. Nonetheless, i though it would be a big anniversary surprise if mom recieved a bunch of congratulatory emails! (dad, well, I doubt he could even spell email...and that's spotting him the m, a, i, & l.)

So I was kinda hoping that all the visitors to the Palace could send my mom an email on Thursday sometime, congratulating them on 43 years! Her address is bshock@innernet.net. Thier names are Bev & Milt.

Now, kids, please, keep it clean. Bear in mind my mother is a 63 year old rural gal. The most risque thing she's probably ever seen was Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon in drag in "Some Like It Hot", so please try not to traumatize her, or embarass me. I know I'm taking a risk just throwing it out here like this, but I trust the regular readers of the Palace to do the right thing.

Also, if you're gonna do this, please put something in the subject line so she won't just delete it. Something like, "Happy Anniversary" or "Happy 43rd" or "To Bev & Milt" or what have you. SOmething to let her know it's not spam. And of course sign it, so i can tell her who all these wonderful people sending her emails are!

I did something similar to this for her 60th birthday. I sent an email out to my address book and asked them to email her. she got 36 happy birthday emails. Let's see if we can break that number this time, okay?

Thanks!

POLT = listening to "Obsession" by Animotion

"He's only seventeen." "So you and Lindsay both had an infant this evening?" - Melanie, Queer As Folk

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will try to remember this.... keep your fingers crossed.

Onanite

The Persian said...

43 years WOW! Amazing :)

I just sent them off an email (a little early but its like 10:32 PM Wednesday here so maybe she won't get it till tomorrow)

:)

m_o_o_nspells said...

Done...hope they have a great day! :o)

jd said...

just stopped by to see the crazy guy with the white face.

Interesting reading.

I`m trying to figure out a good way to use face paint in an HNT, so I hope you don`t mind I emulate your idea.
I`ll figure it out one of these days.
Thanks for stopping by.

Polt said...

jd...um, the guy's not wearing face paint....but YOU wearing it for a HNT, hey, knock yourself out! :)