Saturday, August 12, 2006

And I should be ashamed, a carnival...

So this week was the Annual Volunteer Fireman's Carnival in town.

Whoo-freakin-hoo.

I commented on this last year, even managed to get a photo or two of the pathetic yer scary undertakings. This year, no such luck. the carnival frankly scared me. Or more accurately, the people that attend the carnival. It's all kinda freaks. They must import some of the freaks from surrounding states, cause I'm sure my little town and the area communities could not POSSIBLY have that many freaks. Heavy women that believe tight spandex looks good; 18 year old girls with 5 kids...all to different fathers; guys with more ink in their skins than in the pens in my apartment; everyone smoking, even the 12 year olds; all the obvious inbreeding cousins; rednecks by the score; people who have been to more NASCAR races than they have teeth in their heads; even a few of the outcast Goth kids. I'd wager the ferris wheel there has a higher IQ than the aggregate total of all the carnival's partons.

The only positive thing I can say about it is that the hamburgers and fries they make there are unparalleled around here. Now i don't know what their special ingredient is (perhaps they use the same grease year after year for the fries, or perhaps it's a special kind of roadkill in the burgers), but that is some damn fine eats they have there. And every year, I got down one night and get a burger and fries...while it's still light out, cause after dark...oh who KNOWS what lurks down there?

And this year, I figured I'd share the experience with Phoenix, if he dared to come along. (yeah, actually, I just didn't want to wander down there alone and disappear somewhere between the Tilt-A-Whirl andthe House of Mirrors). And he said yes.

So this past Thursday, we ventured down (waaaay before it got close to sunset), got the food, brought it back here and ate it. And it WAS damn fine. He said the Polish Sausage was pretty good too (I wonder if there were actual Poles in it?) SO I did my duty and contributed to the Fire company for this year. My civic duty quota is now complete, right?

POLT = listening to "Best Of My Love" by The Emotions

Popular boys are like TV stars: you don't have to know them to have opinions about them. - Robin, The World Of Normal Boys

No comments: