Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Ten years have got behind you, no one told you where to run...

I just realized today is the 10 years exactly since I started my current job. I don't know whether to give myself congratulations or sympathy.

I guess I'll just look at this way: we have 30 year retirement here, so I'll just say I'm a third of the way through my time here. *SIGH* yeah, that doesn't help much either.

I outta have a drink after work, either celebratory or consolation, ya know?

POLT = listening to the voices of co-workers at work

Everybody in uniform looks gay. Maybe because only the military groom themselves as carefully as gay men do. - An Arrow's Flight

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh UNCLE POLT!! You're reading my mind!!! Can I come? Can I come? I promise I will be the best girl!! I need a drink soooooooooooooooooooo bad....

A Bronx Tale said...

i'd say CONGRATULATIONS!!!

most people don't last that long at some jobs.

GO FOR IT!!!!!

Have a drink and celebrate.

Best of luck.

Polt said...

Becca: certainly we can go for drinks, and you woudl obviously be the BEST girl. Just don't be a good girl...I wanna have fun, ya know? :)

Calogero: yeah, well I guess it's a good thing. Having a job I mean. It sure beats unemployment.