Sunday, August 06, 2006

A line up in downtown philadelphia...

Hey, kids, I'm back.

Okay, I ended up taking like 30 some photos, obviously not all of them are gonna make it int he blog. Also, I JUST got back, like within a half hour, and I am beat! Beat like a bad dog. Beat like Mike Tyson's spouse. Beat like submissive slave who's-....um, you get the idea.

Anywho, here's a Cliff Notes version of my trip:

Woke at 400am, left house roughly 500am. Drove to Harrisburg. Rode train for two hours to Philadelphia. Took cab ride to hotel. Got to check in at 930. Got a corner room with a view of CIty Hall right outside! Left and took a cab ride to docks for cruise ship tour. Got to wander around ship checking out different types of cabins. Ag checked out the cabins, I checked out the ships crew. And the passengers. And some of thier sons! Had a free meal onboard. Was delish! Sat through a boring presentation, only interesting to travel agents. Took cabride back to hotel. The cab driver ripped us off, taking us WAY out of our way. Returned to room and relaxed. Called Johnnie. Went to meet him. Rode subway with Johnnie to university where he's a grad student: Penn. Walked through campus. Saw several pieces of collegiate eye candy. Saw where Johnnie works. Saw where Johnnies used to work. made quick post the Palace. walked to where Johnnie lives. Got to play with his dog Montana (and succeed in NOT kicking his cat, General Cho). Walked to Koch's Deli and got the best hoagie in all of Philadelphia. Walked through a very sketchy part of town to get to a close subway station. Rode subway back to hotel. Brought hoagie back and ate them there (i could only eat half). Even MORE delish than the boat's meal. Watched the third Harry Potter movie on tv. Wished Johnnie good bye. Showered. Watched some more tv. Ate other half of hoagie. Went to sleep. Woke up. Showered. Walked to Dunkin' Donuts down the block and bought breakfast. Walked around a couple of the blocks surrounding our hotel. Hung out in the room watching "Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends". Packed up and left. Walked 15 blocks to the train station. Hung around train station for 4 hours. Ate lunch there. Watched a LOT of cute guys wander around. Had a Aunt Annie's soft pretzel. Called a few friends to make them guess where I was. Boarded train. Stared at hot young guy on train a few seats ahead. Returned to Harrisburg. I drove us back. MIssed a turn in Harrisburg. Got lost. Called Cousin-in-law for directions. Got back to the interstate. Drove us home. Just got in.

I walked in the door roughly 38 hours after I walked out of it yesterday. You know understand, i see, my tiredness.

I'll post more later. Hugs all around.

POLT = listening to nothing, as I've not yet turned the iTunes on

Life isn't exciting if you know you'll live to see tomorrow. - Johnnie Skinner

4 comments:

.- said...

HARRISBURG!
that's where I want to go...
well, Mechanicsburg....or thereabouts...

Anonymous said...

I know the cruise presentation was boring for you. I am sure all the eye candy maded up for it.

The hogies were good however I enjoyed the steak and wine a little more.

katarina said...

Can't wait for the pictures.

Polt said...

Velma: has someone been looking at an atlas? :)

AG: oh the whole trip was great, even the boring presentation. It wasn't long, so I didn't have to suffer much. :)

Katarina: yeah, well as soon as Blogger decides to let me post them, i will.