Friday, August 04, 2006

Oh Philadelphia freedom shine on me...

So this weekend, Ag and I will going to Philadelphia, which is entirely cool.




I was only there once before, in 1993. We're gonna get a free tour of a cruise ship, and a free meal thereon, and then stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown (or some such named hotel), that Ag got, by using her fantastical magical travel agents powers, for only $49, or something obscenely low, but close, to that rate!

Our friends Johnnie (who longtime readers will remember form his Testicular Tuesdays With Johnnie columns), is going to grad school there, so we'll get to see him, and his place, and hang out with him, which will be incredibly cool, as we don't do that anywhere NEAR enough anymore!

And we'll get to hang out in Philly, which I didn't get to do that last time. And the heat broke, it's only like 87 or so, and much less humid right now, and its supposed to be even better tomorrow, so that's cool.

The downside is, we need to be in Harrisburg to catch the train at 700 am! which means I'll probably have to get up at 400am! ARGH! BUT, it'll be my first time on a train, so that'll be a new experience!

So, I won't be posting here on Saturday at all (unless i find a terminal somewhere there in my travels) and I won't be posting on SUnday until late. So if you don't see anything, don't worry, Uncle Polt's just fine.

POLT = listening to "Another Night" by Real McCoy

In every class there's at least one guy who's so good looking it hurts. - Kevin Doyle, The Year Of Ice

No comments: