Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Don't give a damn about my education...

I see all these Meme's floting about and people getting tagged left and right, and now, finally, I get my first tagging! Becca (bless her soul) has taken my Meme cherry.

A School Meme
How many schools did you go to? One elementary K-6, One Junior High 7-9, One Senior High 10-12.
Teacher's nightmare or teacher's pet? Oh teacher's per, definitely. I was kissing ass from a way a young age.
Did you have a "label" in school (i.e. nerd, jock, loner, etc)? Hmm, I don't think so. I actually could fit into any cliche except the potheads and the Future Farmers Of America. I knew people in the jocks, the nerds, the brains, the school spirited, the band geeks, the drama queens, the party animals, etc, etc. I didn't belong to one, but could blend in with any as needed.
What was the biggest rule you broke in school? Geez, I don't know that I broke any. I didn't skip a class until the end of my Senior Year. i did steal the boxers of this really hot guy from his locker during gym, and I brought them hope for all kinds of debauched purposes, but no one caught me doing that. Perhaps it was attempting to organize a "sit in" to protest the taking away of an assembly we wanted. It broke up when the prinicpal threatened everyone with detention and "this going on your permanent record".
Were you in any clubs or organizations? I was the Business Editor of our Yearbook, and I worked backstage on the plays "Carousel" and "Oklahoma".
Did you have any nicknames in school? Topher. My name is Chris, so they called me the last half of Christopher. Not as bad as a friend of mine named Steve, but who we call Nnn.
Three subjects you enjoyed? Government, history, geography.
Three teachers that inspired you? Mr. Ebersole, high school Social Stuides teacher. He made me want to be a teacher, which what I first majored in in college. Mrs. Kulp, 11th Grade English, cause somehow she found out I was writing that superhero story, and God bless her, she read through every notebook I had written left helpful comments, and encouraged me to write more. And Mr. Mackley, Sociology, a truly funny and entertaining man, who nonetheless managed to get you to learn something from his stories, whether you wanted to or not.
Would you go back again and do it over? Hmm, yeah, probably, as long as i could know then what I know now.
Any major fashion faux paus? Oh, sweetie, it was the 80's. Huge shoulder pads, Jersey hair, hair metal, the Yugo, Ronald Reagan, there's a LOT of faux pas from the 80's. And yeah, I partook of them as much as anyone else. I'll just say, I didn't discover hair gel until the 90's, so needless to say, my hair was ALWAYS a faux pas.

And now I think I'm supposed to tag a few other people, so I'll go with The Persian, Jason, Ag, Katarina, Velma. If you wanna play, have at it kids!

POLT = listening to "Search's End" by The Wiseguys

I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You don't go to church, kneeling bags your nylons? I was raised in church, surprise, and I went three or four times a week, guess what I never knelt. I think it is the type of church you go to. I think Catholics do a lot of kneeling. Sorry about your hosiery.