Sunday, August 27, 2006

Catch this, everybody on the worst list...

I was looking through a Rolling Stone from earlier this year, and I found this list. I don't have the name of the guy who wrote it, but the intro reads as follows:

I saw 491 movies this year and struggled to cut down the carp to these: The 100 Worst Movies Of 2005.

Aeon Flux
Aliens of the Deep
Alone in the Dark
The Amityville Horror
Are We There Yet?
Assault on Precinct 13
Asylum
The Baxter
Be Cool
Beauty Shop
Because of Winn-Dixie
Bewitched
The Cave
The Chumscrubber
Cahc Carter
Crsed
D.E.B.S.
Daltry Calhoun
Derailed
Duece Bigalow: European Gigilo
Diary of a Mad Black Woman
Dirty Love
Domino
Doom
Dot the I
Dreamer
Dukes of Hazzard
Elektra
Ellie Parker
The Exocism of Emily Rose
Fantastic 4
Fever Pitch
Flightplan
The Fog
Four Brothers
Get Rich Or Die Tryin
The Gospel
The Great Raid
Guess Who
Heights
Herbie: Fully Loaded
Hide And Seek
Hitch
The Honeymooners
Hostage
House of D
House of Wax
In The Mix
Into The Blue
The Island
The Jacket
Jiminy Glick in Lalawood
Just Friends
Just Like Heaven
Kicking And Screaming
Kids in America
Kontroll
The Legend of Zorro
A Lot Like Love
Nadagascar
The Man
Man of the House
Mindhunters
MIss COngeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous
Mr. and Mrs. Smith
My Big Fat Independent Movie
North Country
November
Oliver Twist
The Pacifier
The Perfect Man
Proof
Racing Stripes
Rebound
The Ring Two
The Ringer
Robots
Roll Bounce
Sahara
Saw II
The Skeleton Key
SKy High
Son fo the Mask
A Sound of Thunder
Stealth
The Thing About My Folks
Transporter 2
Two For The Money
AN Unfinished Life
Valiant
Venom
Waiting...
The Weather Man
The Wedding Date
Where the Truth Lies
White Noise
XXX:State Of the Union
Yours, Mine, and Ours
Zathura

I can, with pride say, I've only seen two of those. And a good number of them I don't even remember.

POLT - listening to "Pride And Joy" by Stevie Ray Vaughn

And for everyone's safety and security, and to preserve our way of life, I'm taking a drastic stop and putting up a security camera. just one...for safety, security and omnipresent, unblinking information gathering of everyone's actions ! - Harvey Birdman, Attorney At Law

6 comments:

exile said...

i'm sorry, but ultraviolet belongs on that list

that movie sucked so bad...

A Bronx Tale said...

SAW II was awesome.

Anonymous said...

Many of those films were made from Video games and Comic Books, not a good idea. I've never watched a movie based on either that was any good. Case in point: Laura Croft;Tomb Raider what a stinkeroo! Well, maybe it's just me, but as I watched I just kept thinking how much better Matt Damon would have been in the role. Of course the name would have to be changed and heaven forbid the writers having to come up with an entirely new idea!

Anonymous said...

I'd have to agree with most of the list.

Onanite

.- said...

DUKES?
but...but...but...the general lee....?!?!?

Polt said...

Exile: thankfully, I didn't see that one either.

Bronx: Seeing as how I loathe splatter films, I imagine I'd have to disagree with you.

ed: No comic book movie was ever good? Batman? Batman Begins? X-Men II? the original Superman? Superman Returns? None of those were any good???

Onanite: yeah, me too.

Jacky: It got a couple Oscar nods, didn't it? Wonder why it was on there.

Velma: Well the movie itself apparently sucked, even if the General Lee rocked.