Monday, August 07, 2006

I remember 1977, I started going to concerts...

I tired, honestly I did, to get a post up here about my trip with photos included. And all was well until Blogger decided to go off it's meds and have a coniption seizure type of thing and not allow me to post photos. That's been happening all too frequently recently, and it pisses me off. BUT, instead of ranting and raving about it, I thought I'd just post about something else and try again tomorrow (damn Blogger....)

I don't have any idea why, but for some reason this has been in my head today, so I'll post about it. Concerts. The concerts I've seen. The first one was Bon Jovi, the SLippery When Wet tour. Saw it at the Hershey Park arena in 1987. I've also seen Robert Palmer, The B-52's (probably 5 or 6 times), Blondie, The Go-Go's (at least once, maybe twice), the Psychadelic Furs, Alanis Morisette, The Bare-Naked Ladies (twice), Madonna twice (thanks Ag & Mark), N'Sync (right before they became big...and when they were all still closeted), and a few others that I can't think of right now.

yeah, I know you're as excited to read this as I was to write it. You wanted Philly photos, I wanted Philly photos, Blogger? eh, not so much.

POLT = listening to the sounds of my own frustration

Sex without love is a meaningless experience, but as meaningless experiences go, it's pretty good. - Woody Allen

2 comments:

The Persian said...

Wow you've seen some classics! I bet Bare Naked Ladies were amazing, and Alanis, I'm very jealous. I just snagged Staind tickets for September 2nd, I can't wait!

:)

Polt said...

Oh the BareNaked Ladies are so much FUN! I laughed through it all, as well as sung along.

And, Alanis, she was singing "Ironic" and changed the lyric as follows: "It's like meeting the man of my dreams, and then meeting his beautiful...husbnad." Oh the place went up in hoots and cheers and applause, myself included.