Friday, August 18, 2006

It's all the same, only the names will change...

Stumbled upon this site today:

Surname Popularity Index

Type your name is and see how popular it is. Uncle Polt's last name ranked 6566th in thier database. Out of how many, I don't know, but I know my Mom's name ranked 18, 219th, so there are quite a few names in there!

Try it out, let me know how it came out for you.

POLT = listening to "Southside" by Moby

She rubbed against him in a manner the Joker wasn't quite sure he didn't entirely dislike. - Batman: No Man's Land

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My surname was just over 5000. I would have thought it would be further down on the list. There are only about 50,000 with that last name in the USA. Smith is number one and Johnson number two.

katarina said...

3690

Anonymous said...

I entered my surname and here is the message I got: "XXXX as a surname, does not exist in this database, because it is not among the top 55,000 most common names in the US"....oh well!