Monday, August 21, 2006

When everyone's sharing their hope, the love will break through...

Last night, the formerly str8 (or still possibly str8, just bi-curious or experimenting) friend of mine that I hooked up with about ten days ago spent the night again. This is all well and good. But afterwards, this morning, after his shower...he used my deoderant. Again.

It's the Sure solid stuff, not a spray (if they even make the spray anymore). And I know everytime I use it, and everytime he has, we've been clean in the underarms. but still...using someone else's deoderant just seems....wrong.

I know, this is a silly complaint from someone who's had other...parts of his anatomy in my mouth. And vice versa. But nonetheless, I still think it's wrong. I mean, it's like using another person's toothbrush...which he's done before. Back when we were first friends, and he'd hang out here overnight in a PURELY heterosexual friendly way, the next morning, he used my toothbrush. I KNOW, girlfriend! So I let him use that one everytime he came over, I got a new one for myself, and now keep a supply of fresh toothbrushs on hand at all times.

Maybe it's a str8 guy thing? Like when you're in the looker after the game, you run outta Old Spice stick and just borrow your teammates? Or in the frat house, when you run out, you just use a fellow brother's until you can get your own? Is that possible? Do str8 guys DO that?

Maybe it's cause I'm gay, but I just think the whole idea is...icky. Kinda like seeing a foreign hair on the soap you're gonna use. Or a hair on the sink that's so short you KNOW it didn't come from a man's face.

Not right...not right at ALL....

POLT = listening to "Creep" by Radiohead

The decision was between a guy hwo was resolute but wrong, and a guy who was not as resolute-seeming but kind of right. And evidently, AMerica is more comfortable with a guy who is resolute, even if he is demonstrably wrong. - AL Franken, December 2004

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.....

If I pined over a str8 friend for many years and he finally decides he wants me to be his first...and then comes back again in a few weeks for more....and then uses my deodorant....

1) Be glad the dream-cum-true(?) uses deodorant.

2) Be glad that he even wants to set foot in your bathroom (Polt's bathroom).

3) Put out the deodorant he used when he visits and use a new deodorant for yourself (which you keep hidden when he comes over and you put out the first deodorant).

Just saying.........don't look a gift horse-hung.....or don't put a horse in your mouth....however, the saying goes.

Fairy Godfather.

.- said...

nope
that's a negatori
only share if you've shared MORE -
if traveling and in a pinch [with permission] - or of it's the end of the bottle jar tube and you're headed to get more [again, with permission].
ICK

Anonymous said...

As a fellow germaphobe let me say eww! and EWW! I agree keep a toothbrush and Deodorant out for him and keep yours hidden. If he comes back for more give it to him.

Polt said...

Mark: 1) good point. 2) VERY good point. 3) good idea. (the mangling of the horse analogy is hilarious!)

Jacky: I'm not surprised what with the list you posted on your blog! :)

Velma: I agree with you, babe!

Ed: yeah, that's probably what I'll do.

Ryan said...

i agree with u polt when mikey comes and stays he brings his own. i think your right on this post!

katarina said...

Keep fresh toothbrushes ad deoderant.
That's just disgusting.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you need to equip your friend with all the essentials. He doesn't use your butt plug too I hope.

(just kidding)

Onanite