Sunday, August 17, 2008

The flavor on these skins you was talkin about...

So this evening, I was flipping through the channels, and I came upon this show called "Primeval" on BBC America. It's a scifithing, I don't know if I'm interested, but I watched the two episodes they showed. And during it, they showed previews for this other show called Skins, and now, I am ALL about it!! I love it.

BBC America is very quickly becoming my favorite channel, what with the new Dr. Who, and of course Torchwood that I instantly fell in love with. And now, Skins, and possibly Primeval.

Why, oh WHY, can't American TV produce shows like this? Perhaps, because none of them fit into the Hollywood rut. They're not a stupid canned laughter filled sitcom, or a mindless brainless "reality" show, with mindless brainless people, or a mindless brainless game show with mindless brainless contestants, and they're not overblown melodrama's passing as "drama". And I suppose that's why I enjoy them so much: They're a VERY refreshing change from the crap I'm used to.

Oh, and the hotness of the guys in it helps too.






See what I mean? The cute blonde nude guy even plays an out gay character! What's NOT to love about the show?

POLT Listening to "That's Not My Name" by The Ting Tings

You haven't been cursed at until you've been sworn at in iambic pentameter. - Joke, Superboy #93

3 comments:

Nude Canadian Boy said...

Mmmm that blond is a hottie. I'm going to have to see if I can get Skins on BBC Canada when I get ful cable at the end of the month...
Thanks for the post and list of shows to watch for...

I do love John Barrowman in Torchwood.

Anonymous said...

I saw an ad for Skins just yesterday, but I couldn't figure out what it's really about.

And you'll be ashamed to know that I've never seen Torchwood, even though my true sci fi friends love it to death.

Anonymous said...

I am in love with the blond naked guy, please send him my email and make sure he knows I am independently wealthy

Onanite