Thursday, August 07, 2008

Undress me, will I look like a fool (Part 121)...

Once more, it's time for...

Earlier this week, I had a visit with my doctor. I didn't realize it until he told me, but he had me lined up for a physical. After the EEG, he told me there was a slight abnormality, nothing that he was too worked up about, but he referred me to another place to get a 'nuclear' stress test done. Oh joy of joys. On the upside, I had lost 7 pounds since my visit the end of June, my cholestrol was down to 238 from 320-something, and my blood sugar had dropped 30 points. All very good news there.

Before he came into the exam room, though, I pulled out my trusty camera (what? Doesn't everyone take a camera with them on a doctor visit?) and took a photo.


That's me, relaxing comfortably, pre-exam.

To see what others posted, go HERE.

POLT Listening to "Block Rockin' Beats" by The Chemical Brothers

I was going to buy a book called 'The Power Of Positive Thinking', but then I thought, "Oh what the hell good would that do?" - Ronnie Shakes

9 comments:

Vixen said...

Sounds like a good visit!

happyHNT!

lime said...

i am impressed you can relax comfortably before an exam. i always get a little nervous, mainly because my BP isn't great and i am always sure i will get told about it. but yay for all your good news. that's great!

Blissfully Wed said...

Cool shot. I'm glad all is well enough your way. I miss my pocket sized camera for situations like that. ;)

Ms. Inconspicuous said...

If you're taking a camera to the doctor, your visits are *much* more exciting than mine. ;)

Happy HNT!

MarcelloNYC said...

Great News.

HHNT!

JW said...

Were you a boy scout? I just wondered as your photo clearly shows the virtue of being prepared :)

A nuclear stress test sounds vaguely disturbing. They hand you a small lump of plutonium and see how stressed you get? I trust all will turn out to be well and hearty congratulations on the weight loss and so on :)

Happy HNT!

Anonymous said...

***much to the delight of all the shoe fetishers...***

Congrats on the good review at the doctor's!

Anonymous said...

Good news mixed with a scare..... What doctor doesn't do that.

Onanite

Bunny said...

I did the nuclear stress test a couple years ago when my EKG showed an abnormality that could possibly maybe indicate a minor heart attack. The nuclear stress test was no big. In fact, at the point that the nurses made me stop running on the treadmill, I wasn't even exhausted yet. In fact, I wanted to keep going but they said I reached the necessary heart rate so I had to stop. The nuclear part is the radioactive dye they inject into you that then shows up on an scan and can indicate areas of damage (that don't get irradiated because the blood doesn't get to them).

No big.

Mine was normal and I now have my cholesterol down to 170 (yea me!), but my blood pressure is still a problem. And my A1c keeps creeping up as I get old and fat. Ugh.

HHNT!