Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Take it to the runway (Part 4)...

It's time once more for this week's.....

A Project Runway Rundown, from a gay's and a straight man's perspective.

This week Dave S. had a bit of real life intrude on his fun (I hate when that happens), so we'll be doing things a bit differently. I'll post my comments first, followed by his. No commenting on each others stuff. Maybe we'll go back to that next week, who knows? But without further ado, let's get this party started!

Tonight's episode: Rings Of Glory.

Polt's comments:

I've got just a bunch of random comments this week:
- Blayne with his hood up reminds of Cornholio from Beavis & Butthead.
- This'll be three field trips in four episodes! They keep this up, they'll run outta places to go.
- This week, no Blayne "liciousness", however, it only took us three minutes into the episode to hear Seude refer to himself in the third person. Surprisingly, when commenting on his garment on the runway, he actually said "I" instead of "Suede". He needs to practice that.
- APOLLO OHNO!!! Oh my GOD, he is SO cute! I could just eat him up. Seriously.
- Women's wear only? Oh BOOOOO!
- Blayne says, "Heck yeah I'm going for the gold!". But does he mean a medal or his skin?
- Daniel's doing a cocktail dress? For athletes? Oh no, no, noooo....
- Terri's doing a corset? Oh no....
- Keith was a gymnast???? Bet he's pretty limber...wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more!
- Keith shown shirtless again. Sweet. I am seriously digging him more and more each week.
- Sideview, silhouetted view of Jerell in just boxer-briefs....nice basket! (you just KNOW the camera men on this show are gay!)

- Comment on a commercial: Laura from last season is NOT a super-mom. And that outfit...I don't think even Krypto the Super-dog would wear that.

Quotes from the show:
- I could design a great straightjacket. - Kelli
- I'm a true cowgirl. I like leatha and I like fur. - Stella
- Don't worry about me, worry about the plaid in your hand. - Korto
- "You're using black?" "Is that bad?" - Stellla
- Black is cool. - Stella
- "Looking a little Sgt. Peppers." "I don't even know what that is." "Oh, GOD...youth." - Tim Gunn
- This could look very Lucy Ricardo. - Tim Gunn

Onto the competition. My top three were, in no particular order, Leanne, Terri and Joe. My bottom three were Jennifer, Jerell, and Daniel, although Kenley wasn't far behind. I think Leanna clearly, for the second week in a row, had the best outfit. And I think Jennifer clearly, for the second week in a row, had the worst outfit.

However, of the options the judges gave us, I think Joe was best and should win, and Jennifer, of course should lose. Thankfully, she did. She never impressed me. Korto was the winner? Hmmm, okay, well I wasn't impressed with hers, but I'm not upset over it.


Dave S.'s comments:

Oh, the drama! Daniel rethreading Joe's machine! Keith "stealing" Terri's fabric! Oh the humanity! They're still stretching. But making fun of Kenley's laugh was awesome. I'm liking her less and less. Beautiful, but kinda full of herself.

Okay, Jarell, you simply can't wear that underwear anymore. No one should be wearing that underwear. Please stop before I go blind. And Terri's from my city! How did I miss that before?! I still don't like her.

Blayne: You'er white guy. Don't go trying to be something you're not.

Keith's got some kickass tattoos. Too bad his design this week wasn't so kickass.

Best lines:"I just want to go tanning...please." - Blayne
"Immunity is really important." - Stella (really? ya think?)

Okay, Joe was the clear winner in my book. Super sporty, sexy and sleek. Loved it. The "USA" was a great touch. Korto was okay, definitely top three material, but not the winner in my opinion. That vest thing was flat and had no shape. Put that puppy over boobs a mere cup size larger than that model and it would've puffed out like a napkin over a Jiffy Pop. I also felt it was a bit too white. Terri's outfit was a mess. That scarf looked more like sliced sushi than anything Olympic and the mix of textures was more distracting than appealing. I didn't get what was sporty about it at all. It looked more pantsuit than Olympic ceremony. Absolutely not top three. Leanne deserved to be there (not only because she's hot). (well, okay, maybe because she's hot)

For the bottom three: Jerell's had nothing athletic about it at all. And certainly not anything American. I didn't get the hat at all. People are looking down from stadium seating -- if the athletes wear a hat that large, nobody's going to see their faces (or their entire upper body fro that matter). And Daniel. Dan Dan Dan. Good lord, what travesty was that model wearing? Even as a non-Olympic challenge it was awful. Jennifer saved your ass this week. And speaking of Jennifer: That was not even an answer to the challenge. It was old looking and not modern sport at all. The judges got it right on this one. Even though I feel Daniel's outfit was much much worse, Jennifer has consistently lacked excitement in her designs. She's stuck in a rut and can't seem to pull herself out. Daniel on the other hand, has shown more potential than that Halloween USA costume that he concocted this week.

So my choice for winner: Joe!
And my choice for loser: Jennifer!




Next week: Brooke Shields, South Beach, sweet potatos, Daniel's impeccible taste, and more of Kenley's laughing.

POLT Listening to "Where Do I Begin" by The Chemical Brothers

I'm your toy, your twentieth century boy. - T. Rex, 20th Century Boy

4 comments:

lime said...

all i can say is what the HELL was jerrel thinking? was he hoping our athletes would be laughed out of the stadium? did he think they were all going in there to do a kindergarten nursery rhyme production? seriously. the one judge who remarked on the bo-peep look was right. they guy was smoking crack when he came up with that design.

i thought joe was the clear winner. korto's was cool, but i agree it didnt' really showcase an athlete's body.

Anonymous said...

Joe really should've won, y'all are right. And the bo peep thing was awful. But Jennifer had to go, 2 weeks of frumpy old lady clothing is two weeks too many. And Blayne looks kinda Unabomber in his hoody, the actual guy and the poker player. And whining about not getting to go tan? I kept thinking about Zonkers in Doonesbury and even he gave up being a professional tanner. I think the only people who still tan like that are Yikes I'm blanking on his name, the horrible actor more famous for being famous than for being a good actor, and the other is John Boehner (R- Stupidity) He's tan and cries a lot. So Blayne better be careful, he could end up as whiney and tanned as Boehner.

When I didn't see this up last night, I was afraid you guys had decided to drop it. So YAY!

Anonymous said...

I hate when I type a great reply and screw up the posting!

I did like Korto's outfit, but liked Joe's more. Terri's didn't bother me, but it was a little busy.

Daniel is *very* lucky Jennifer was there, but they both totally missed the mark. Jerell showed potential, but was off the mark too.

Some side notes: holy CRAP Keith's tattoos are huge! Blayne didn't know Sgt. Pepper's, Blayne, Blayne, Blayne, you need to pick up a book or check Wikipedia instead of tanning. Though, he gets points for dropping licious. I really liked Leanne's outfit, she got overlooked.

Dave S.: You are totally right, Kenley is really attractive, but she is starting to really tune me off.

I think this season's catch phrase is going to be "le-THA".

Stephen R. said...

Tim saying "OH GOD... youth" was one of the highlights of this entire season so far for me.

I want to put Blayne into a sun tanning bed, turn it on the highest power possible and leave him there until he fries. His brain is obviously already fried, so why shouldn't we make his body match his mind?

And Blayne spelled with a "y"?!? I hate that almost as much as I hate people who refer to their best friends as "besties." Gross.

Can someone please take the best quotes that Stella has given us - - especially ones about "leatha" - - put them on top of a great dance beat and give us a hot track to listen to in the clubs? It would be the music that I would put on to drown out the bad fashion when people think that sports wear means badly constructed, floppy hats and school marm skirts. Oy...