Sunday, August 10, 2008

Without you i'm just a carnival bum...

This past week, the carnival came to town. I've written about this before here, here, and here. It's something of a tradition that Phoenix and I go down to it one night and get a burger and fries. This year, Phoenix had surgery a few weeks ago, so we couldn't go. I thought I'd miss it this year. Not the carnival itself, mind you. The carnival itself is rather cringe-inducing. But the going to get a burger and fries thing.

Then, Thursday, I went to mom's after work to eat some corn on the cob she had gotten. That's all mom had planned for us to eat, so I thought I'd go down myself and just get a burger and fries myself. And then mom said she wanted me to get her some fries. I asked to accompany me, and so she did. And when we got there, she said she wanted a burger as well. So I bought us those (since she was taking care of the corn herself). This year, unlike the last couple with Phoenix, it wasn't hot, sticky and humid. this year, the whole week the temperatures were only like in the 80's. Very very comfortable August weather. And like non-existant humidity. I love this weather.

Anyway, I had my camera with me (of course), and I snapped this while we waited in line.


It's the back of Mama Polt, and the panorama of the carnival itself. Such that it is.

POLT Listening to the Olympics

No matter how many friends you have, you can always attract a gathering with food and good beer.

No comments: