Friday, August 08, 2008

No one is to smart, in affairs of the heart...

As some of you may know, from last summer until he dropped out of the race, John Edwards was my guy for president. I guess now it's a good thing he didn't get the nomination.


Me, I'm very disappointed. And I'm upset at him, NOT for the affair itself, cause frankly, I can very easily understand doing stupid things for sex. But I'm upset that because he did it, now he'll be dismissed and the issues that he was championing, issues that I firmly believed in, will be dimissed as well.


I'm just upset and disappointed at the lost opportunity.


Maybe, though, Edwards should change his party to Republican, because then you can proposition men in airport restrooms (Sen. Larry Craig), and hire high paid prostitutes (Sen. Larry Vitter) and give your wife divorce papers while she's in the hospital seriously ill(Newt Gingrich) and summarily divorce your wife that stood by you for years while you were a prisoner of war so you can marry a younger, prettier, richer wife (John McCain) and you can STILL retain all the politcal power and prestige you had before you did all that. You can still remain in the Senate, or become Speaker of the House, or, hell, even run for president, if you want to. That's a pretty good gig, if I say so myself.

POLT Listening to "Stronger" by Kanye West Oil: 115.06 (-4.73); Gas: 3.77 (-.02)


It's different with Vince. He's Italian. All Italian men are gay. - Rho, Will & Grace

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nasty little bunch of neo-cons you mentioned there. Amazing how when a Republican does something "wrong" it just seems to be overlooked by the media and Americans in general.

Onanite

Anonymous said...

John Edwards proved nothing more today than that he is human, just like the rest of us.

Anonymous said...

stratcat45: Having an extramarital affair isn't normal "human" behavior. Trust me, as someone who's been directly affected by a spouse having an affair, there's nothing normal about life after. If that's what it means to be human, then I don't want to be human.

Having said that, though, I believe Edwards is handling this well. He's admitting (unlike Clinton back in the day) that he was a egocentric dick and that it was incredibly wrong. And that's good. Though it doesn't dismiss the action, it gives him a fair amount of credibility and a willingness to admit his part. I don't believe that it's going to alter his ability to continue his agenda, though it may delay it a bit. I was hoping for a VP nomination (though I realize it was a longshot), so that's obviously out the window, but other than that, I personally think this just a bump in the road (or perhaps a large pothole, depending on how much the media rests on it -- thank goodness for the Olympics coverage to help overshadow it).

Bunny said...

I'm disappointed in Edwards' bad taste. A frizzy-haired bleach blonde just seems so beneath him. And she's apparently got a thing for married men, since another married man is the father of her much-talked about baby. I mean, I like me some married men too, but I wouldn't choose to procreate with one I wasn't married to myself. Sheez.

Like Gary Hart and Donna Rice, Edwards will forever be linked to his blonde bimbo and not be taken seriously by the American public.

I feel just awful for Elizabeth Edwards. To have terminal cancer AND have to deal with this public humiliation is just so unfair to her. I hope Edwards is doing everything possible to make the rest of her life perfect.

Anonymous said...

dave s. - You missed my point, all I meant was that it showed that he was no more perfect than the rest of us - he has imperfections, he's human. Too many people tend to put politicians and such so far up on pedestals and then are shocked to find out if they are not "pure". Everyone makes mistakes...he made one; I've made mistakes too.

Just another way to have the public look away from Iraq.

Anonymous said...

I had a two fold reaction. First, I was shocked that John Edwards was busted for an affair. He just didn't seem like the type.

Second, I was shocked that I wasn't more shocked.