Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A job and not one raise in pay...

I meant to post this a little while, but kept forgetting.

A regular reader of the Palace, whom I'll call Anthony, has recently revealed some good news. He's been keeping my updated on an issue he was having. It seems Anthony had a government job making, I think $60,000 or so a year, and then was laid off, for reasons I can't recall.

For several weeks, he was on unemployment, and struggling. Bills were mounting and the only job prospects were uninspiring, and nothing was coming his way.

And then, recently, he told me had an interview with a guy he used to work with who was high up in a new business. And after the interview, Anthony was offered a job, getting in on the business on the ground floor. And his new salary? I think it's $160,000!!!

Congrats to Anthony!!! Good for him!

POLT Listening to "Run Like Hell" by Pink Floyd Oil: 115.55 (+.37); Gas: 3.57 (-.01)
RealClearPolitics Poll Average: Obama +1.2
Bush won because the Republicans were good at doing what they do, which is to be dishonest. - Al Franken

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's quite the raise, Cheers Anthony!

Onanite