Sunday, August 03, 2008

Olympic medals for running all-night long, i would have won...

With the Olympics coming up, I heard something somewhere about "Olympic moments" and one incident came to my mind. Do you remember this, from 1992 in Barcelona?



I saw it then, and teared up. I still tear up a little just watching it. Now THAT my friends, is the Olympic spirit.

POLT Listening to "La Vie Boheme" from the Rent soundtrack

The folly of the righteous is not that they cannot accept opposing viewpoints, but that they cannot concieve of them. - Wotan, JLA Incarncations #1

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely forgot about that (supposedly) unforgettable moment. That was really amazing. You kinda have to wonder if he gained far more from losing that race than had he finished -- or even if he'd won.

Anonymous said...

Wait...that didn't make sense -- he *did* finish. Well, you know what I meant...

or not...

lime said...

that really is such a fine example.