Thursday, August 28, 2008

Undress me, will I look like a fool (Part 124)...

Once more, kids, it's time for...


I remember, back in 1976 when I was in 3rd grade, we had a mock election in my class...and that was the beginning of it all. In 1980, I remember pestering my mom repeatedly to explain this and that part of the election to me. She took me to the library and we checked out some books so I could learn about it. In 1984, at the tender age of 16, I was discussing and debating politics with my mother and her father. And finally in 1988, I could cast my first vote for president.

I was first able to vote in the spring of 1986, and in the primary in the spring and the general election in the fall, I have cast a vote in every single election since that time (Except for the primary in 1989, when I was in college and didn't make it).

I started college as a history:education major, I changed it and graduated with a B.A. in Political Science in 1991.

Starting in 1990 up until last fall, I worked twice a year at the polls each election, the majority of those spent as the Judge Of Elections for my precinct.

Obviously, I am a political junkie. So how have I been spending this past week?


Watching the Democratic Convention with Lefty, The Liberal Democratic Donkey.

Hey, some people like fishing, some like collecting stamps, some like knitting. Me, I like politics.

POLT Listening to "When I Get You Alone" by Thicke

If you found somebody that had information about an attack on America, you'd want to know as best as we can to find out what the facts are. - George W. Bush

8 comments:

lime said...

hehehe, i remember doing the mock election in 76 when i was in 2nd grade. i can remember voting for jimmy carter because i thought he had a nice smile. i like to think i am a little more well informed these days. i've voted in every general election since 1988 as well...but not the primaries since i refused to declare a party until this year.

S said...

I was in 10th grade in 1976...I remember all that dang red white and blue clothing ack!

HHNT Polty poo!

figleaf said...

Funny. I remember thinking I liked Goldwater in 1964 because I was a science nerd (even in 4th grade) and a girl in class had little collar pins that spelled out the chemical symbols AU and H20. First, last, and only only time I've supported a Red.

Happy HNT, Polt,

figleaf

Ryan said...

hhnt polt thanx 4 the info on joe and i was likin him last night!

Anonymous said...

The main thing is that you give a crap and participate in the process. I think we have Lefty and Righty floating around the house as well.

Anonymous said...

Shore up your TV Bricks for next week's GOP love-in/barely-contained-hatefest.

Kittie Kate said...

I call myself a "liberal green."
We both hate Bush.

Maeve said...

I cannot wait for those damn election to be over! I'm not even American, and I've hear them talking about this more than our own election!
HHNT!