Tuesday, August 05, 2008

An utterance, information, don't mince words (Part 107)...

TMI Tuesdays

The Romance edition.

1. What is your definition of romantic? Candlelight, soft music, bubbly champagne, rose petals leading the way to the bed.
2. Would you consider yourself to be romantic? I CAN be….but usually I’m just too horny to try.
3. Is your significant other romantic? I don’t currently have a SO, but the last one really wasn’t. Not his fault though, I mean he was only 19, so I didn't expect much.
4. Have you ever chastised a SO for not being romantic enough or too romantic? Nah. If I don’t like what they’re doing, there’s way to get them to change without chastising them.
5. What do you consider a grand romantic gesture? Have you ever been the recipient or giver of one? Something sweet for no reason is a romantic gesture. Once, with the last girl I was dating, we were at a party, and a slow song, "Here In Heaven" I think, and Eric Clapton song, came on. She wanted to dance. I was a bit drunk, and didn’t want to so we didn’t. I felt guilty about it when I sobered up. So two days later, I went out and bought the single on cassette, took my little tape player to her work, and set it up in the break room. I had a co-worker get her to come back to the break room, and then when she got there, I turned the music on and asked her to dance. And so we did. To that song. In the break room of her work. While three co-workers watched. When the song ended, she had tears in her eyes.
6. If you have done something romantic to get laid, did it work? If not, why and how did that affect your romantic tendencies in the past. I don’t think I’ve ever done that. I mean, most of the time, when I want to get laid, I can just find a guy who feels the same way and we do it. Romance not necessary. Hell, sometimes, exchanging names isn’t even necessary.
7. What is the most romantic thing you have ever done? Had done for you? See #5, I think for the most I’ve ever done. Had done for me? Well, Freddie did surprise me one weekend and came down without telling me. When I got home from work Satruday, he was waiting on the couch, wearing nothing but a smile. I guess that counts as romance.

POLT Listening to the silence in my office Oil:118.47 (-6.54); Gas: 3.80 (-.01)

I am the son, and the heir, of nothing in particular. - "How Soon Is Now?" The Smiths

3 comments:

S said...

Hey Polty!
Thats so sweet....in the breakroom etc.....what a sweetheart you were!

I hope all is well, loving the cartwheel picture of Sonya. Hope all is well and NO I dont wanna look at shirtless guys everyday who are young enough to be my sons! Can you get some men for me to look at Polty instead of boys? :P

Also, I love Tim Gunn too and I love that comment about Cindy McCain! Hilarious. I would love to talk to Tim Gunn too...and show him my stuff...and have him call me a little boho hippie chick that isnt at all ready for project runway! LOL

Have a lovely day, Polt!

Bunny said...

What a sweet, romantic gesture! (I mean both your break room dance and Freddie on your couch in nothing but a smile)

Happy TMI!

Anonymous said...

I agree -- that breakroom thing was awesome. I'm a moron when it comes to being romantic, so your example is extra cool. :-)