Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Could be your lucky day in hell...

Ever have one of those day where everybody and their uncle, wants something from you and they all want it RIGHT NOW!? Like if you don't do what they need RIGHT THIS VERY SECOND, thier life, plus those of thier elderly grandmother, baby nephew and pet puppy, will all end in a horrid, nasty, painful, wretched death? I had to deal with an irate attorney, a bitchy intake person, a deaf client of ours and his demanding parents, the lady in charge of the kitchen, not to mention the mental health guy and his paperwork needs, about 12-15 inhouse jobs that need re-filled YESTERDAY! and another department stealing even more of the clients from the jobs they're assigned to for something else, not to mention the clients themselves!

My day sucked like a hooker with rusty braces and an overbite.

God, just wanted to scream near the end of the day. Just tell them all to shut up, that I would get to them as soon as I could. I mean I know to them, their problem is APOCOLYPTIC, but really, I have to prioritize, and frankly, none of them will result in the end of the world, the burning down of the building, the death of an individual or the collapse of modern civilization as we know it. And they really need to be told that...with all due respect of course.

The only upsides I can find are 1) I got an hour of overtime in, dealing with this, and mama's got bills coming due, and 2) the new Madonna CD I preordered was waiting at my door when I got home, so I'm enjoying that even as I type.

New Madonna, a hot shower, a glass of Asti, a tummy full of pasta, and Totes toasties keeping the feet warm...what more could I ask for? (Yeah, I KNOW what I could, and want to, ask for but don't burst my bubble here, just let me enjoy this as well as I can)

POLT = listening to "Push" by Madonna

This old familiar craving, I've been here before. - Peter Gabriel "Love To Be Loved"

No comments: