Sunday, November 06, 2005

I wanna be official superficial...

So, one day this past week, I had a particularly heinous day at work. You know the kind of days: your co-workers are sticking thier noses into projects you are doing and being all critical of it, without your having asked them to; your boss is involving himself in micromanaging things that you do NOT need him involved in; people calling in and talking to you have assuredly been beaten to within an inch of total moronacy; your allies, your relief valve at work, the one you got to who understands it all, is out sick; you forgot your lunch, rode without someone to work, so you don't have your car there and can't go get anything, and are FORCED to attempt to digest the sludge they call cafeteria food; there's no Pepto when your stomach is rolling; AND traffic makes the interstate ride home look like a parking lot.

SO when I get home, I grab a Molson outta the fridge. I open it and take a nice big swig out of it. And then another. And as i sit on the couch, drink it, and try those beathing exercises that are supposed to be calming, I happen to look at the label. On front, its a regular Molson label. On the back label, they've been putting sayings. Mine says this:
Made me laugh my pissed off funk away! Cause I thought, "why yes, yes I DO!"

Thank God for Canadian beer, and the slogans printed on them.

POLT = listening to "Starry Eyed Surprise" byt Paul Oakenfold

Love is a banquet, on which we feed. - Natalie Merchant, Because The Night

No comments: