Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Love to see you shoot, I love a man in uniform...

SO tonight, I went to see Jarhead. I was gonna wait for it to come out on Netflix, but when Ghostie asked me to go, how could I say no?
How was the movie? Well, I've been in a war, but I assume this is pretty close. I mean, it looks like that's how it would be. And for a war movie, it's pretty good. It also re-enforced why I dislike the military. Not the soldiers, but how the military brainwashes them and puts them all in the same mind set. They're no longer individuals, they're just cogs in the machine. I mean, I understand that they HAVE to do that, but I still don't like it.

Enough of politics...even though I dislike the tactics used in real life, I still think they were accurately portrayed in the movie, so that wasn't a negative. And there were two scenes of Jake Gyllenhall's ass (once in flashback when he's screwing his girlfriend, and one on Christmas when he's running around with a Christmas hat strapped to his crotch and nothing else). There's a rather unsatisfying group shower scene, and there are tons of hot, ripped, defined, sweaty shirtless Marines (the Fergus character was a pleasant eye candy suprise when he was shirtless near the end), so all of that is worth the price of admission. Oh, and the movie itself, yeah, I'd give it a thumbs up too.

POLT = listening to "Fastlove" by George Michael

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K! - Keanu Reeves, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

No comments: