Thursday, November 10, 2005

Longing will call our ships to port...

When we went to Toronto in September, we stopped at a little store along the way for a restroom break. It was in the smack dab middle of Pennsylvania, at a little place called Balk Eagle, right off of the interstate. This is a regularly scheduled stopping place everytime we go there.

The store sat at an intersection, and I noticed a sign showing was towns were upcoming on that particular road. I laughed my ass off. I took a picture, and here it is...
Now see, as I said, this is in the middle of PA...a state with extremely limited waterfront property (with the exception of Erie, and Philly, at opposite extremes of the state), yet here was a town called Port Matilda. Port Matilda? Only in the landlocked middle of PA couldoyu find a town called PORT Matilda.

*SIGH*....is it any wonder we've elected Santorum to the Senate twice???

POLT = listening to "One Of My Turns" by Pink Floyd

You've been watching MTV, the cool brainwashing 12 year old and younger channel that hides behind a slick image. - MTV announcer, South Park

No comments: