Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Mother Nature's son, all day long...

Mother Nature is a fickle mistress.

Just when she had me convinced that we were into winter (or at least late autumn) wiht temps in the 30's and 40's and even snow one day last week, suddenly, she ups the temps.

Yesterday, when i went outside it was in the 60's, but it was still daylight. So, that night I took a walk to the post office. Before I left, since it was dark and windy, I figured it wold be cold. So I put on a sweatshirt, but I wrapped a scarf around my neck and put on a...well, i don't know what it's official name is, one of those knit caps, they call them toques in Canada. At anyrate, thusly bundled up, I headed out.

Smack dab into 60 degree temps! It was nuts! It felt like september, not nearly december. I had to take the scarf off right away. And when I got back home, the toque was damp with sweat. Crazy!

So this morning, it was rainy and windy ass all get out! the wind was blowing the rain against the windows. I figured it would be pretty cold too. So I put on the sweatshirt and scarf again, and this time I even put on gloves (but no toque, didn't want to go to work with toque-head). And when I got outside, not only was I hit with rain, but with 60 degree temps again!

I don't mind 60 degree temps, hell I even like 'em...in the middle of August! But now, at the end of November? Not so much. We need cold. course, with all the rain we've been getting today, if it was that cold, we might be stuck in blizzard conditions, like in the mid-west. 6 FOOT snow drifts I heard. I love cold, winter and snow, but 6 FOOT snow drifts, that's just simply too much of a good thing.

POLT = listening to "Street Spirit(Fade Out)" by Radiohead

Life is like a crap sandwich: the less bread oyu have, the more crap you have to eat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing you do offends me.