Monday, November 14, 2005

Monday morning, you sure looked fine...

This Monday morning, I did more than I do in a month of normal Mondays. I had made an appointment for the dentist for a cleaning at 830 am. Yeah, I don't know WHAT the hell I was thinking either! Someone suggested I might have been enthralled by the cute guy behind the counter when i was making the appointment, which sounds plausible. But the dentist only employs females, and he himself is nothing to look at. So I must have still been under the influence of too much novocaine when I made it, who knows?
At any rate, I got there a bit before the appointment, he did the cleaning, and I was outta there at 838.

Anyway, I was too early then for my next stop, so, since I had gotten up later than planned and not had time for breakfast, i went to McDonald's, got the hotcakes and sausage and proceeded to mess up the nice cleaning he had just completed.
But it tasted great while I was doing so.

After this, i went to the eye place and picked up my glasses. I'm not sure how i look in them. I don't look as had in them as I thought I would, but still....
It's gonna take some getting used to at any rate. Since they're narrower, a lot more at the bottom of my vision is not covered by the glasses and blurrier than before. That alone will take some adjustment. I put the old glasses on, since I was planning on doing a lot of driving.

Following this, I went to the credit union. I dumped a bunch of my change ($22.49), and put it all in my savings account.
The lady there said if i rolled it myself and brought it in, they wouldn't charge me a fee, and then she graciously gave me some coin wrappers. I guess I'll do that next time, save some money. I also paid some extra against the principle of my car loan, and so now it is official: I owe more on my credit card right now than I do on my car loan. Man, that really sucks!

The last errand requried a half hour drive to the county seat. I had to get my picture taken for my new drivers license.
When I got there, there was no one else there. I thought that was amazing. The whole process took me 6 minutes, from start to finish. Although more peopel came in after me, they didn't affect me at all. And I head the DMV was a slow torturous process. It wasn't today.

And I was on my way home at 1015, less than two hours after I started. And I normally don't even get UP until like 1030 or 1100 on Mondays. I don't know what I'm going to do with the rest of my day. Probably take an extended nap.

POLT = listening to "Psyche Rock" by Fatboy Slim

Show me how you do that trick, the one that makes me scream, she said. - The Cure

No comments: